Home Forums Basel support forum Basel: 495 outgoing internal links contain nofollow attribute – issue for SEO

Basel: 495 outgoing internal links contain nofollow attribute – issue for SEO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

oleg_dmitriev
    Participant

Hi Elise and team,

You have a great theme which I totally enjoy working with. Thank you!

I have been using SEM Rush for SEO. In the site audit, it identified that 495 internal links had the “nofollow” attribute. It highlights this as an issue for Google clawlers etc. It seems that a great number of internal links in the Theme have this issue.
    https://imgur.com/a/qP3HTit

Can I remove this attribute without compromising the theme? If yes, what is the method?

Here is the message from SEMrush:

The rel=”nofollow” attribute is an element in an tag that tells crawlers not to follow the link (e.g., “Nofollow link example“).”Nofollow” links don’t pass any link juice to referred webpages. That’s why it is not recommended that you use nofollow attributes in internal links. You should let link juice flow freely throughout your website. Moreover, unintentional use of nofollow attributes may result in your webpage being ignored by search engine crawlers even if it contains a valuable content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This attribute is added to all “Add to cart” buttons in WooCommerce and actually it is good for SEO and these links shouldn’t be indexed by robots.

Kind Regards

oleg_dmitriev
    Participant

Artem, thanks for clarifying!
    it makes a lot of sense, I appreciate it has to be this way.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome! 🙂

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Basel: 495 outgoing internal links contain nofollow attribute – issue for SEO’ is closed to new replies.