Home Forums Basel support forum Basel Conflict on Appearance > Menus page

Basel Conflict on Appearance > Menus page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Hi Elise & Artem,

Hope you are doing well…

I wanted to bring an issue to your attention.

We were experiencing a strange issue on the Appearance > Menus page, whereby every time I try to leave this page, the following pop-up message will appear (even if I didn’t make any changes):

“This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave – data you have entered may not be saved.
    Leave Page Stay on Page”

In other words, every time I try to leave this page, it thinks I made changes on the page and a pop-up window appears with the above message. Furthermore, it won’t allow me to leave the page until I click on the “Leave Page” button in the pop-up.

So I deactivated all the plugins and the Basel theme, in order to check for conflicts.

After troubleshooting, it turned out to be the Basel theme that was causing the conflict.

In other words, when I change to a different theme, the problem goes away. But when I activate the Basel theme, the problem reappears.

Here is a screenshot which explains the problem:

https://hnwgallery.com/fireshot-screen-capture-1656-menus-hnwgallery-wordpress-hnwgallery_com_wp-admin_nav-menus_php/

Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Thank you for notification. However, it is not a bug. This option is developed with the purpose to save a user from a loose of changes made in a menu. As you know, our menu options are quite wide and it would a big disappointment if a user accidentally forgets to save changes.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

Thanks Elise.
    I agree that this function needs to be there whenever a User makes changes to any page.
    However, I’ve never seen this pop-up appear on a web page, even when changes are NOT made.
    It can cause confusion (when someone never made any changes) and make them wonder whether or not they made changes.
    Are you sure this pop-up is supposed to appear, even when someone didn’t make any changes?

Hello,

When I enter Appearance > Menu > and press “Back” bottom and get back to Appearance, there is no popup because there was no action https://gyazo.com/20041d008cc6a63e80a039ee11ac69c7

But as soon as I select a menu to view, it is the action and popup appears. Just ignore it.

Best Regards

Warren Pickard
    Participant

OK, will do.

Thanks Elise.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Basel Conflict on Appearance > Menus page’ is closed to new replies.