Home Forums Basel support forum Basel initial landing home page glitch

Basel initial landing home page glitch

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi,
    Please view the following https://gfycat.com/CloseCheeryEmperorshrimp
    I have noticed that for a while, perhaps since the latest Basel theme update, that the landing homepage builds on the page in a very strange way. This odd page loading occurs on multiple browsers and even on mobile devices.

Though this may not impair functionality on the whole once the site is loaded, I’ve noticed that it looks unprofessional and unsightly to my customers.

Can you log in using your credentials and resolve this issue, please? I have extended my theme licence to address this issue.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi,

I have deactivated all of those plugins.
    Use your administrator admin credentials, as provided.

Please let me know your findings

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi Artem,

The problem still persists view this clip here: https://gfycat.com/hoarseillegalcoral

This is what we want to avoid when the page loads up on both desktop and mobile
    Basel plugins only

Please log in with your provided credentials and rectify this glitch.

Update

• I have checked your link. Your recording starts with the site already loaded, which means that the site is already likely cached. Our first time customers or customers who’s browsers cache has expired will be seeing the ‘gltich’ page load.
    • I’ve also noticed that your recording is within a Chrome browser. Try Firefox and make it incognito to be assured the site is not being cached
    • My recording was done with all non-Basel plugins deactivated. So it is definitely the Basel Theme creating this error.
    • However, I have active customers wanting to place an order and I will have to re-activate all the other commerce related plugins to resume business
    • Please instruct how to provide you with a clone of the site so that you can perform your tests locally on your end to rectify the problem

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to create a full copy of your files and database. Sorry, but we don’t have instructions for this such it may be different for websites and different hostings. Try to ask your hosting provider for help or hire a developer for this. We have to check your website without any plugins installed.

Kind Regards

Design_LSB
    Participant

hi,

I’ve spoken to my hosting. The process is simple.
    You need two files. One is the back up of my site (.jpa archive file). The other is Akeeba Kickstart.

I have provided you the backup of my site as a download link url within the (private content area) of this post.

Follow the instructions found on the download page for Akeeba Kickstart (or watch from here: https://youtu.be/lc4ycZrO0h8?t=27 ) on the Kickstart page to extract and deploy the site to your environment for testing.

Use your admin credentials to log into your local backed up version of the website to conduct your further tests. The local version is an exact replica of the live site at the time of writing this.

Please let me know your findings.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need to be able to log in the staging copy on the hosting. Our local copy will not help you and we don’t work in this way.

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi Artem,

You requested, “to create a full copy of your files and database.” This is what has been provided.

Can you please offer an alternative solution?

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We asked about a staging copy where we can log in, disable all the external plugins and investigate the issue.

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi Artem,

A staging environment has been created, please log in with your credentials and perform your tests and also look into the issue of why the theme’s built in ‘maintenance mode’ does not work.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you see this loading problem on the staging website now? Also, please, update the theme to the latest version as well as required plugins via Appearance -> Install plugins.

Kind Regards

Design_LSB
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t think the loading problem is visible on the Staging, at least not via my desktop. However, I noticed some icons were missing see: https://gfycat.com/sillycarelesskingfisher.

1. What were the steps taken? So that I may replicate for the ‘live’ version of my website.
    2. How do I ensure that I do not have icons missing as demonstrated in the url above?

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We didn’t touch anything except external plugins. And we don’t have any problems with the icons at the moment https://gyazo.com/fa5f1d57256d178a994dd8d95aa63ebf

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)