Home Forums Basel support forum Basel JS dequeue

Basel JS dequeue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hello,

we just renewed our support period 😊

We’re contacting you because we’re working to make a bit more speed your theme, de-calling some JS that we’re not using. Also thanks to this forum, we discovered that we could disable without any problem some of these.

We already disable disable basel-moment, basel-moment-timezone, basel-countdown, basel-threesixty, basel-slick, basel-parallax and basel-parallax-scroll.

We occurred some issue disabling basel-magnific-popup. Why? Its disabling cause an error.

We’d like to ask you what do “autocomplete” and if it is possible to disable it.

In general it could be really helpful a little guide to know to what each JS is referring. Could you help us?

Thanks a lot.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing another support extenstion.

When you remove some of our JS libraries, you need to find where it is called (ex.: in functions.js` file and remove the code as well. Otherwise, you will have errors.
    The Autocomplete library is required for our AJAX search.

Kind Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the feedback. In the meanwhile I thought to some other questions:

1) I saw that jquery.justifiedGallery.min.js is a justify script for WordPress media library. Is it right? So can I disable it on all front-end pages?

2) What does the html5.min.js?

3) Is jquery.panr.min.js useful only for hover banners? Can I active it only on the post ID where banners are used?

4) We tried to disable packery-mode.pkgd.min.js, but it caused the same issue of removing basel-magnific-popup. Also in this case we need to remove also the code on function.js?

5) If we need to remove something from function.js, we need also to disable the JS minify from theme setup?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Yes, it is for the WordPress gallery shortcode. If you don’t use them, you can disable the library.

2. This file is deprecated and will be removed in the update.

3. Sorry, but it is not possible to show them on pages with banners only.

4. Yes, each library removing will require changes to the functions.js file. Sorry, but we don’t have detailed instruction on this.

5. Yes, minification should be disabled in this case.

Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Thanks again.

3) Our developer wrote a code that loads JS only in some specific pages. For that reason I told that we could do the same with banners. What do you think?

Giulio
    Participant

6) Could you tell me something about photoswipe js? I suppose that that js works with horizontal scroll of product images, right? Or am I saying wrong?

7) Owl carousel js works also for related blog posts maybe?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

3. Yes, you can try to do this but we don’t have a complete instruction for that.

6. You can read information about this gallery in the documentation here https://photoswipe.com/

7. It works for all posts carousel on your website.

Please, note, that if you will customize our theme’s files and disable JS libraries or remove other code, we will not be responsible for any errors that happen on your website.

Giulio
    Participant

Thanks a lot for all the informations. Do not worry, we’re on a developer hands. We’re not doing it by ourself 😊

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Giulio
    Participant

We thought that “slick” was related only to vertical thumbnails, but today its missing caused an issue on a product with variations. Also if it have only one image.

We perfectly understand that the theme is made to work with all JS, but they are really a lot. Not all features are used. Is there a way that you could suggest to be sure to avoid these kind of problems?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we mentioned, you will have to remove all “calls” for the slick library from our theme’s functions.js in this situation. It requires a lot of customization and we don’t have a complete tutorial for that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)