Home Forums Basel support forum Basel Post Types making site crash

Basel Post Types making site crash

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bethinketh
    Participant

This site is my client’s site. I’m logging in on his account. The license was purchased in hopes that it would clear up the basel post types plugin problem, but it is not resolving.
    The problem seems to be in all basel post type carousel / category shortcodes. It makes the site time out, when attempting to edit the page in any way.
    ***The update will not preform, it says that the admin is not allowed.***
    Now the notice to update basel post types plugin does not even show up.
    I’ve copied out the entire code in classic mode/ taken out the category carousel shortcode and updated the page, but when I put it into BackEnd for WP Bakery / it crashes again. It takes over 7 minutes per each of these crashes for the site to come back up again.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access as well as FTP access to the private area.

Please confirm the permit for us to deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme (if you run the child) for the while of checking what may take up to 15 minutes.

Best Regards

bethinketh
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response.
    I’m getting the access set up. I’ll be able to post back to you in the private content area in about 15-20 minutes.
    Best,
    Karen

bethinketh
    Participant

Hi – here is the ftp login info – I’ve backed up the site.

GODADDY hosting

bethinketh
    Participant

Almost forgot the site admin login info – it’s below
    thanks!

Hello,

We have tested the page without the plugin XTEMOS Post Types and on the default theme and the page does not load any way.

Our theme does not cause or influence this issue.

Best Regards

bethinketh
    Participant

Thank you for checking out the site and getting back to me so quickly.
    Your findings are interesting, because when I tested it- without js composer and with the basel post types. The site timed out. without basel post types – the site was fine.
    Can you let me know what might be the issue? Is there anything that can be done?

bethinketh
    Participant

Is it the bundled JS composer? I just disabled it and the site was able to work.
    any ideas?
    Thank you!

bethinketh
    Participant

I was able to solve the problem. Thanks so much – it was very helpful that you ran your tests on your end.
    It’s the Yoast plugin having a conflict with basel post types.

Hello,

We are glad you have solved the issue. We are a git surpized the YOAS SEO causes the problem. Do you run Pro version or Free version?

Best Regards

bethinketh
    Participant

It’s the free version – it recently updated. Version 15.7

Hello,

We need some to check sometimes there may be problems caused by the third-parties updates and usually, they are quite quickly fixed by the plugin developers.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)