Home Forums Basel support forum basel theme is slow

basel theme is slow

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

lupenterzo
    Participant

Hello,
    It is the third time I change host because of slow performance. When i ask them, they send me gmetrix data (or other tools), as you did when i have told you that the theme is slow. All of you use the words optimization bla blah bla. However, in all the three hosts these optimization have been done all. All three at the end have told me that the theme is slow. Till now i have used the 2.9 version. I want to know if you have done somenthing on speed so i can renew and download the last version.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support center.

We just analyzed your website speed https://harabeli.al/ and see that it is loading very fast. Average response time is 700-800ms and that is very high speed πŸ™‚

As was mentioned on another topic these reports grades just show that your website content should be optimized better but don’t mean that it is slow. So, all you need to do now is to follow all tips from GTMetrix and optimize all your images, configure cache and server GZIP compression. Here are a few articles that should help you

https://gtmetrix.com/wordpress-optimization-guide.html

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wordpress-performance-speed/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/

So if you want, we can try to optimize your website content for you to increase these marks. For this, we need your admin and FTP access.

We are very sorry that you have this problem with our theme. But we want to ask you temporarily change your opinion and remove the one-star review on ThemeForest. Please, change it to 5 stars while we are working on your website to change the situation. As you can see, we have a very high rating – 4.95 and it is really important for us. We will do our best to satisfy your needs or provide a refund. Hope for your understanding and quick response.

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards
    Xtemos Studio

lupenterzo
    Participant

The speed now is because i have activated turbo cache in the server(6 hours maintaining the same page), meaning that you are looking to cached pages. For an ecommerce site that changes every time, this is a very very bad solution. If i would let the page load by itself, you would grow old before seeing it. To tell the truth i have noticed this slow speed even in my local environment, when i first implemented my site, but i thought it was my computer fault. When basel theme loads the first page for the first time, it is very slow. In mobile i disabled even revolution slider, because it needed to much to load. Now i have the opinion of some of the best developers from Fastcomet and A2hosting hosting companies that say the same.

However besides the speed (the most important thing in my opinion) i have told you that the theme is very good, the support you give excellent, so was even my first review for you. I did not make my last review to have a refund, because Basel theme is worth it and i want to continue use it, but i did because speed is a problem and to solve it, if you do nothing, i must buy a dedicated server that would cost me every month the price it costs Basel theme at all. And also i am not selfish to ask you solve the solution just for my site, i was hoping you do that for the theme in general. I will download the last version of your theme and redo my site from the beginning. After that i will give you access so you check by yourself that i have implemented it right and didn’t make any changes to the theme that could be the reason of slowness. At the same time i hope you will work with your theme focused in the speed and code quality and not publishing new versions that nobody needs. Thank you. I will take off my bad review right away.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

First of all, thank you so much for your understanding and for the detailed explanation of the problem. We appreciate your desire to help us improve the theme.

But we need to investigate why the theme loads slow and perform some tests to understand what is wrong with it. In general, it works fast enough on our environment and we don’t see any difference between our theme and other themeforest ecommerce ones.

So we would like to ask you for this cooperation and so we can analyze it directly on your website. Are you able to provide us with admin and FTP access to your testing environment (if it is not possible on your live website)? We will compare the loading speed between our theme and default WordPress one. Then, will check what exactly makes it slow.

Again thank you for understanding and waiting for your response.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

lupenterzo
    Participant

Hello,
    I am giving you access to my live site for the sake of tests because as I said you before, I will download the latest version of Basel theme and redo my site. I have disabled turbo cache and w3 total cache so you can see the real speed of the theme. You can make tests on my website in the next two days. If you need anything else tell me. Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the access. Could you please provide also your FTP credentials?

Also, could you please describe how are you checking the website speed. Specify which pages loading slow and maybe which ones loading fast. It can help us understand a problem from your side.

Thank you in advance.

lupenterzo
    Participant

The first page. Only the first page is the one with problems. To tell the truth, after I complained with the servers guys, right now is performing a little more fast. However with google inspect, the first page is taking from 7 to 11 seconds to load. I have given you cpanel access. If you need ftp access, create a ftp account and use it. Thanks.

lupenterzo
    Participant

The last replie I received by a2hosting:

lupenterzo
    Participant

Turn the last message, the one with the reply of a2hosting, in private please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, thank you. We will check the information and back to you soon.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, here are some things about your home page performance.

1. Visually, it works very fast and there are no any performance critical issues.
    The only problem may be there is that you are showing a lot of products + products tabs that add a lot of images to the home page. If you can, try to reduce the number of products on the home page. Also, we suggest you to use our “AJAX Products tabs” instead of regular Visual Composer tabs that will reduce the number of images on the home page too.

2. GTmetrix reports

We have investigated your GT Metrix reports and now your PageSpeed grade is 94/A which is high enough. To achieve this, we simply optimized all images for your products one by one as was stated in the report.

Loading time displayed there is 8-10s which is also high. And it can be reduced only in case you will make your home page load fewer products and images. But in general, this time is very fast, and if you want, we can prepare you some reports from other ThemeForest theme with a similar volume of content on the home page. It will be nearly the same.

3. We also disable Tawk.io plugin because it’s scripts slow down the page a bit. You can enable/disable it and compare the speed.

4. YSlow grade

This point is also from GTmetrix report. But you can see by yourself, that it is small a bit because of server side optimization problems. Here is a screenshot

To sum up, all the optimization made were not related to our theme files or scripts. So most of the speed depends on the server and on the content added to your website.

Feel free to contact us if you will have additional questions. We would be glad to help you and make your website super fast πŸ™‚

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

lupenterzo
    Participant

Hello, i have two questions
    1. How does “AJAX Products tabs” reduce the number of images in home page?
    2. What did you do to optimize the images?
    Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. This element doesn’t load all products on the page but loads them with AJAX when you click the other tab.

2. We downloaded and replaced optimized versions from the GTMetrix report. You can also use some service like this one https://kraken.io/

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)