Home Forums Basel support forum basel theme is very slow, especially on mobile

basel theme is very slow, especially on mobile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lupenterzo
    Participant

Hello! I have already wrote that in overall basel theme is very slow. You can add as many features as you want (and beautiful photos), but without speed your theme is worthless. In mobile i was constrained even to disable the slider, because it takes a life to load. I am a wordress developer myself (to tell the truth not just in wordpress, i am a full stack developer), so please do non answer with “optimize, configure cache and blah blah blah”. Just tell me if you will stop publishing photos in only new version you do and concentrate in what it really matters.Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to help you.

Let try to find solutions to your problems one by one. You said that you had to disable slider on mobile because it is loading very slow. But the slider is created with Revolution Slider plugin, right? It means that our theme doesn’t impact page speed because of slider. Also, you can check our demo, it has a lot of sliders and it loads fast.

As a professional web developer you know what exactly impact on your web page performance. And of course, optimizing all images, JS and CSS combining and configuring cache plugin are vital for any WordPress website. So we think that we have to tell about these things to our customers because not all of them are WordPress developers and we have do make such advice to them.

It is not quite clear for what exactly you would like to see in our future updates. What on your opinion should we improve or fix in our theme to improve your website loading speed? It would be very kind of you if you will give us any suggestions based on your experience working with our theme.

In general, we have already made all the necessary optimization staffs in Basel. All JS and CSS files are optimized and combined. HTML is well structured and can be minimized without any issues also. There are no any PHP scripts or heavy SQL queries that may slow down your server response. You can check it switching to any other theme. You can also see how our theme works on our demo and see Gtmetrix report https://gtmetrix.com/reports/demo.xtemos.com/CzG3fVmA

We hope for your understanding and even that you will be able to provide us with any useful advice.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)