Home Forums Basel support forum Basel theme update error

Basel theme update error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ddwells
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried to update the Basel Theme from within WordPress. Dashboard>Updates>Update Themes with Basel selected. It starts to download the update (using my theme token) and then I get the follow message:

An error occurred while updating Basel: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I tried the Deactive Theme” button under the Theme License section. And then I tried to reactivate it with my purchase code, but it made no difference.

How do we update this theme? This is very frustrating and I need a simple solution!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, provide us your admin access and purchase code so we can login and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

ddwells
    Participant

Below in the private content is the information you requested.

Hello,

Your theme has been updated successfully.

In order to update WP Bakery page builder, deactivate and delete it and install again in Appearance > Install Plugins.

Best Regards

ddwells
    Participant

Hello,

To be sure I completely understand your instructions.
    To update Basel Theme in the future:
    1. Deactivate & Delete WP Bakery page builder.
    2. Then update Basel Theme.
    3. Then Install and Activate WP Bakery page builder.

Is this the correct steps? Your comments tell how to update WP Bakery, but don’t explain updating the Basel Theme. Please clarify.

Hello,

I have already updated the theme. You do not need to do anything. For future read and follow instructions here to update https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

1. Deactivate and delete WP Bakery Page Builder

2. Navigate to Appearance > Install Plugins

3. Install WP Bakery you will see it there, activate.

Best Regards

ddwells
    Participant

Elise,

I understand that you updated the theme. But I am sure in the future their will be more versions and it will need to be updated again. I want to know how to do it myself without getting the error.
    “The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature.”

I followed those instructions (https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/) originally but received the error. Will I get the error again in the future?

Sincerely,

Hello,

I went to Appearance > Themes > entered the theme and updated and there were no errors. I am sure you would not have the same. However, if any just contact us we shall help.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)