Home Forums Basel support forum Basel Update

Basel Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wantons
    Participant

Hello!
    I have two question,

1. As i made lots of changes in basel theme, i dont want to update my theme and i only want to update my visual composer. is it ok to use latest version of visual composer with basel 3.3.1?

2. for the fix of countdown timer issue, i only should change the new ” inc/woocommerce.php ” file with the old one. am i right?

thanks.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

1) Yes, you can safely use the latest version of Visual Composer with Basel 3.3.1.
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

2) If you want to fix the countdown timer, you need to replace the basel_product_sale_countdown () function in basel/inc/woocommerce.php file with the code snippet below.

if( ! function_exists( 'basel_product_sale_countdown' ) ) {
        function basel_product_sale_countdown() {
            global $post;
            $sale_date = get_post_meta( $post->ID, '_sale_price_dates_to', true );
            if( ! $sale_date ) return;

$datetime = new WC_DateTime( "@{$sale_date}", new DateTimeZone( 'UTC' ) );
            $datetime->setTimezone( new DateTimeZone( wc_timezone_string() ) );
            echo '<div class="basel-product-countdown basel-timer" data-end-date="' . esc_attr( $datetime->date_i18n('Y/m/d h:m:s') ) . '"></div>';
        }
    }

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

wantons
    Participant

Thanks a lot.
    just one more plugin ,,
    is it safe to update cmb2 version 2.2.4 to 2.2.5? ( in basel version 3.3.1 )

+ here is the new update changes: http://s6.uplod.ir/i/00894/gvayad5xqkvp.jpg

Eric Watson
    Participant

Yes, you can safely use the latest version of CMB2 with Basel 3.3.1.
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)