Home Forums Basel support forum Basel – WooCommerce & Modern Tribe Event Tickets Issue

Basel – WooCommerce & Modern Tribe Event Tickets Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

robertarrow
    Participant

I’m using these two plugins on my site

https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/

For some reason, you can purchase the WooCommerce tickets on Twenty Seventeen, but not on Basel or my Basel Child Theme – the plugin developers said that there’s not much that they can do, as it’s working with all the plugins, just not this particular theme. Is there any way that a Basel WooCommerce template file is causing this to break? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!

robertarrow
    Participant

Also, let me know if you need me to take screenshots or a video with the Twenty Seventeen theme active so you can see how it’s supposed to work.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It would be easier for us if you can describe how it should work first because we can’t see the issue at the moment.

Regards

robertarrow
    Participant

My mistake, I should have been more descriptive. Basically, the Events Calendar plugin is the base of the two, it generates a calendar that’s on the /events/ page. The Event Tickets plugin allows the admin to create either an RSVP or WooCommerce option for Tickets, I haven’t tried the RSVP aspect, but my problem lies in the WooCommerce tickets which are the ones that have a price attached to them.

The one example of this that is currently setup is on this page, if you look at the bottom of the event, you will see that there is a ticket section on the front end of the site (these are editable within the backend of the post type) and they are also available to edit within WooCommerce, though they can not be viewed as regular products since they are tickets are associated with Events.

On to the true issue at hand, when you attempt to add one of these tickets to the cart it will load the cart page and then show up empty. I believe this is a PHP issue with one of the Basel files, as it works perfectly fine with Twenty Seventeen, as I mentioned before. Please let me know if you need me to make a screen recording to show you the problem exactly. If you switch themes or make any changes, please let me know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that this plugin adds some extra data to the add to cart form and that is why it can’t work with our AJAX add to cart handler because it is not aware of this data initially. That is why we have to turn it off on your website by adding this code to the functions.php file in the child theme

add_filter( 'basel_ajax_add_to_cart', '__return_false' );

Regards

robertarrow
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help! I’ve been trying to figure this out for hours. Glad to know that it’s compatible with your themes so that I can sell future clients on this functionality within your theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will consider improving this plugin compatibility in the future.

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)