Home Forums WoodMart support forum Blank page in Customize page

Blank page in Customize page

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, I am getting a blank page after navigate to Appearance > Customize.
    Is this normal?
    Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

No, this is not normal. This is incorrect work.

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue. Perhaps you will have to reinstall all.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi,
    I have deactivated all the plugins not related to the theme. Can you please help me to check, this happen after I update the theme. Appreciate your help please.
    Thanks

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and reinstall the theme. Export the Theme Settings delete it completely via FTP and upload and install it again. If you need help, provide FTP Access to the private area.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, Sorry may I know if delete the whole folder from FTP, is this means all my existing website content, setting and layout will be gone?
    I have to rebuild the whole website from the scratch again?

Are there any other solution to fix this instead of reinstall the theme?
    Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site;

Deactivate WoodMart theme.

Enter wp-content/themes and delete WoodMart folder via FTP

Then navigate to Dashboard > Themes > in admin panel install and activate the theme

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, after reinstall and activate the theme, is my product page and other page still there? Or I have to import? Please advise.
    Thanks.

Hello,

When you reinstall the theme all the site content remains the same. These settings can be reset, make the Theme Setting export.

In any case, make the full backup of the site.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, right now my website all not in order after switching the theme. If export the theme setting now, which theme setting will be exported? The one before switching the theme or the one after switching the theme?

Where should I go to export the theme setting?

Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

You can export the Theme Settings in the Theme Settings > Export/Import. The file will contain the current theme settings. Make the full backup of the site before any actions. If you need help in reinstalling the theme, provide FTP access to the private area and we shall help.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, in the Theme Settings > Export/Import page, there is only “IMPORT” and “EXPORT OPTIONS” button. A file named “xts_options_backup_21-12-2019.json” is saved after I clicked the “EXPORT OPTIONS”. Is this the correct way to export the theme setting?

And when I clicked “IMPORT”, only this line came out “New options are successfully imported.”, but no pop up window for me to upload the theme setting file. Is this normal?

I am trying to figure out the process, will reach you for help if I encounter any issue.

Thanks

Attachments:

Hello,

Open the “xts_options_backup_21-12-2019.json” in any test editor and compy all from the file and insert it in the field and save.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, inside “WoodMart Theme” folder, there are two type of zip files; “woodmart.zip” and “woodmart-child.zip”. Which one should I upload and install?
    Please advise, thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

You need to upload and install the parent theme “woodmart.zip”

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, I managed to reinstall the theme and the customize page now is back to normal.
    I have also imported back the theme setting, but some of my website layout is missing such as Footer link is gone, sidebar is gone and etc.

Is this part of the theme setting, or I have to recreate again for those missing content?
    Please advise, Thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

I am afraid you will have to recreate the content of the Footer and Sidebars.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, may I know is there a proper way to backup or export these content in order not to lose after switching and reinstalling the theme?

Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

The best way is to make the full backup of the site before any changes or testings. WordPress does not provide the option to save the footer and sidebar.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, for export the Theme Settings in the Theme Settings > Export/Import, what setting actually been exported? Is this about the backend coding?
    Please advise, thanks.

Hello,

The Theme Setting Export saves and export into the file the option which is configured in the Theme Settings, they do not include widgets or settings of the other plugins.

Best Regards

ckluong3
    Participant

Hi, noticed that there is external plugin can export widget setting. Do you have any recommendation plugin which compatible with woodmart theme?
    Please advise.
    Thanks & Merry X’mas

Hello,

You can make backups (files for export / import ) of the whole site with the free plugin All one WP migrate, you will import /export backup with a couple clicks https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Best Regards

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)