Home Forums WoodMart support forum Blog Element Not Limiting Set Category, Neither Is The Post Grid Element

Blog Element Not Limiting Set Category, Neither Is The Post Grid Element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

in2pcs
    Participant

I have tried to add a blog element to my page and set it so it only displays one category this seems to not be working on your blog element or the normal post grid element, however this does work when i select masonry post grid, i would prefer all elements to be able to lock down displayed feeds to certain categories, the code is there so it looks like it should do it this just does not seem to be taken into account when displaying, i am using the small text template in my page and any post grid template as a sidebar element through a html block and displaying in the category page (i have also placed the working element at the bottom, the masonry grid).

Hello,

I have checked the Blog element, it shows posts from one certain category, provided this category has been set in the “Narrow Data Source” http://prntscr.com/k9gbw3

Please check again on a category which has a few products to be convinced.

Best Regards

in2pcs
    Participant

But why does it show more from different categories if there are less than the maximum viewable in the category? Once again i repeat this does not work like this for the masonry grid element, if i set it to 10 viewable and limit the category and there is only 2 in the category it should only show 2 posts, the post masonry grid does work like this however the blog element and the post grid element do not, it shows more from other categories if the maximum is not met. Why does only the masonry grid element work properly with this setting and is there any way to fix the others so they work the same as the post masonry grid, properly?

This is visible on the link i sent in three elements the top is how i want it to look (blog single image template) but without the extra posts from different categories, the sidebar too is pulling in extra categories however the masonry grid below works as it should and only shows the two posts in the category (as there are only 2).

I have the same settings for each element, so why are there differing results?

Another way round it would be to feed the masonry blog element a custom grid from the Visual Composer Grid Builder (seeing aas this is the only element of the three currently working properly), i dont suppose you have a custom template that follows the blog layout, this would save having to fix the Blog & Post Grid elements?

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access I will check the setting

Best Regards

in2pcs
    Participant

I have included access below, as you can see i have the same settings in each element, the extra one (other than the News Element & the Masonry Blog element in the Just Recycling News Page) is the HTML block News Posts, this is the post grid element again with the same settings and displaying more than the chosen, it appears to be more a sort order than a narrow data source. This element is appearing in the sidebar within the page Just Recycling News.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and provide FTP access.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)