Home Forums Basel support forum Book Shop into Basel theme

Book Shop into Basel theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Stefano
    Participant

Hi. I would like to put a bookshop into the Basel theme.
    I would like my customers to see Author, format, number of pages, date of publication, language and ISBN in the backend of the product page, so that they could easily insert all the books they want to sell.

How can I get this?
    Thank you very much for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

You can use WooCommerce products variations to add your product information like author, number of pages and other. Read more information in the documentation https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/#section-6

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Stefano
    Participant

Thank you very much for your response.
    I have set the product attributes (pages, format, author, date of publication etc.). However, this way I am able to see all this information in the “Additional information” tab. I would like to see this information in the right side, right after the description.
    For a book this information is very important and it has to be easily found.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to do this

function woodmart_display_product_attributes() {
    	global $product;
    	wc_display_product_attributes( $product );
    }
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_excerpt', 20 );
    add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woodmart_display_product_attributes', 20 );

Stefano
    Participant

Thank you very much for your response.
    What you suggested, of course, works. However, is it possible to make these attributes as small as “Category”, “SKU”, “Size Guide”, etc?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a link where we can see this?

Stefano
    Participant

Here is the link (private).
    As you can see in this page, there are two problems:
    1) you see twice the same information (Author, Format, etc.);
    2) the information next to the product is too big.

I would like the additional information to appear only once, next to the SKU (COD), with the same font/font-size.
    Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Here is an article from WooCommerce documentation that may help you customize your product page tabs and remove additional information tab https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/

2. Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to change this

.single-product-content .summary-inner .shop_attributes {
        max-width: 100%;
    	  margin-left: 0;
    		margin-right: 0;
    		margin-bottom: 40px;
    }

.single-product-content .summary-inner .shop_attributes th {
    	font-size: 14px;
    	font-family: Lato;
    }

Regards

Stefano
    Participant

Thank you very much. Now I have a BIG problem, for my bookshop: when I list the products, I only see the title and the price, but in a real bookshop, I should see:
    TITLE
    AUTHOR
    PRICE.
    Is that possible?
    Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme or WooCommerce by default. It may be possible with additional code customization only.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)