Home Forums WoodMart support forum Brand pages inherit some settings from shop settings, but not the filters slider

Brand pages inherit some settings from shop settings, but not the filters slider

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

S.G.
    Participant

How can I remove the right hand side sidebar from Brand pages (/brands/brand-name) and add the shop’s filter sidebar instead?

Hello,

The brand page inherits the shop page sidebar. You need to configure the shop page sidebar, add all the widgets and if you need the sidebar in the shop page, hide it in the page settings: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/options-for-pages/

Best Regards

S.G.
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    That’s what I thought, but it’s not working.
    See attached: Shop page settings, category page (has shop sidebar), brand page (random sidebar on the RHS)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

S.G.
    Participant

I’m afraid we have users personal data on the site so I can’t share admin access with you, but if you tell me where to look and what information you need, I’ll screenshot it and post it here.

Hello,

By default, a brand page inherits the sidebar content configured for the shop page. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/widgets/

Please provide the screen of a brand page.

Best Regards

S.G.
    Participant

I’ve provided screenshots to a category page (follows shop template), the brand page (doesn’t) and shop settings in the previous message. Please refer to my first image in this thread. If you need additional screenshots, please let me know what you need.

Hello,

I need site admin access. I cannot check and I cannot help.

Please make the clone site and move it to the testing platform, delete all users and orders, and provide the site admin access.

Best Regards

S.G.
    Participant

Do you seriously think that getting me to waste ages setting up a site so that I can give you admin access is a viable way forward before trying any other way?!
    This is beyond unhelpful.

So far I’ve needed your help with around 20 issues and could only get a successful resolution to one. Not great, wouldn’t you say?

I’m going to try you one more time though. Hopefully we can increase that ratio a little.

I’ve managed to figure out that when you enable archive on the brand attribute, it changes the links to brand pages from /shop/?filter_brand=brand-name to /brand/brand-name, which then takes you to a brand page that’s using the blog post template which has that RHS sidebar that you can see in the screeshot rather than the shop filters sidebar (I’d have expected you to be able to give me that information without asking me to set up a copy of the site).

So my question is:
    I want to be able to show brand description on the brand page but use the shop filters sidebar. How can I do that? (without affecting the blog post template).

I hope you can help.

Thank you,
    S

Hello,

A brand is a product attribute. A product attribute, shop page, category page are the functionality of Woocommerce. All these issues do not relate to our theme. All these issues are beyond our support policy. Our support covers the WoodMart theme only. Nevertheless, our team did our best to help you.

There are issues that can be solved without entering the site, and this issue requires checking on your side. Before sending you the response I have checked on my testing site and attribute page (brand page) inherits the shop page settings and the sidebar widgets. I see it is different on your site, that is why I asked the access.

Best Regards

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)