Home Forums WoodMart support forum Brands Description not appearing

Brands Description not appearing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

newK9
    Participant

Hi I’ve set up my brands and have added in a description. Nothing appears. So I’ve added in a html block like the examples you have added and again nothing appears. Please could you help me in enabling Brands to show description above the products? Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Brands are simple widget with filters so they don’t have archive pages with descriptions.

Regards

newK9
    Participant

Ok, right. Is there a way of having brand, brand logos, and a dedicated brand page with description and products. As this set just doesn’t make sense as you would need some sort of description for the brand. Near enough all websites would have this. I’m confused as to why their is description box if this cannot be done.

Currently the brands section looks good but certainly needs an description for customers to read about the brand. Is there another way, surely there has to be?
    Thank you

Hello,

Enable archives in Brand Attribute http://prntscr.com/kb9psz and you will get the option to view the page http://prntscr.com/kb9s2o

Best Regards

newK9
    Participant

Hi, thank you for the fast reply.

I followed the steps in your message and it has partially worked.

Problems I’m having Is hen you click on the logo of the brand it takes you to this link > /shop/?filter_brand=heliocare instead of the > /brand/heliocare/.

How can i make sure the logo images link to the 2nd version link.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can add the following code to the functions.php file in the child theme to change brands link structure there

add_filter( 'woodmart_brands_link', function( $link, $brand ){
       return get_term_link( $brand->term_id, $brand->taxonomy );
    }, 10, 2 );

Kind Regards

newK9
    Participant

Thank you worked perfectly for me. Just one more thing I can’t seem to solve.

In brands I have “Brand X” for example but I would like to have a child attribute to “Brand X”, like “Brand X Skin” & “Brand X Face”. Enabling the products to be parented in “Brand X” but also in a subcategory form.

How would I go about this as I cannot parent brands for some reason. Thank you for your help you have been amazing.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the default Woocommerce does not provide such options. A brand is an attribute. Attributes do not have sub-categories.

Best Regards

newK9
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brands Description not appearing’ is closed to new replies.