Home Forums WoodMart support forum Breadcrumbs on Products Pages show wrong categorgy

Breadcrumbs on Products Pages show wrong categorgy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey there,

Cheers for your last bit of help, I left a 5 star review :p

On every product pages, the breadcrumbs show the incorrect path of product categories.
    They seem to show whatever the last category is, in the list of categories in the Admin Panel.
    I need the breadcrumbs to instead show the Primary Product Category.

Even in the Admin Panel, when on a product page, the permalink (where you can edit the “slug”/last folder/file of the URL) is wrong too.

A good example is this Enamel Kettle: https://www.backpackingandtravel.com/caravan/cook-ware/enamel-kettle/
    The Primary Category is Home >> Camping >> Enamelware >> Product
    But instead it shows it to be in Caravan >> Caravan Cookware – it not only shows the wrong category in the breadcrumbs but also the URL.
    How would I go about getting the URL to display: https://www.backpackingandtravel.com/camping/enamelware/enamel-kettle/
    & the bread crumbs to reflect that URL?

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers, Guy.

Hello,

Thank you very much for 5-star rate and warm feedback. All our team appreciates it highly.

I am afraid we hardly ever can influence the Breadcrumbs generated by Woocommerce. In any case, I will check with our dev team, perhaps we would be able to find a solution.

Thank you!

Best Regards

WAY&FARER
    Participant

No worries, you guys earned it!

That would be great if you come up with any solution at all, as it’s killing me! Can’t figure out anyway to change it.. If not, any recommendations of where I can go next would be helpful too.

Thanks, Guy.

Hello,

I have checked with our dev team, we cannot change this way of URL generating, you can consider the free YOAST SEO plugin it has options to configure Woocommere URL, however, we are not sure there are the option to set exactly as you wish.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)