Home Forums Basel support forum breadcrumps issue with yoast seo

breadcrumps issue with yoast seo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

gizmoman
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have an issue with the very latest yoast seo woocommerce plugin. Until ver 9.2 the breadcrumps worked fine replacing the woo commerce one with the yoast one and with your home icon and the left and arrows for the before and after products on the product page as well. However, with the new ver 9.3 and the the latest one 9.4 looks like it is not replacing the woo commerce one, so it ends up listing two breadcrump lines on the product page and just listing the woocommerce ver on the category/sub category page. When I downgraded the 9.4 to 9.2 and it still works fine with the yoast seo 9.4 version. Is there anything needs changing in your theme now?

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

We tested it locally and everything works fine for us. Could you provide screenshots of the problem or better give a link to the page with the problem and access to the admin panel?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

pls check the private content

Eric Watson
    Participant

Could you please also provide FTP access to your test site.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

pls find the details

gizmoman
    Participant

Are you referring to this one?
    <?php
    if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb(‘<p id=”breadcrumbs”>’,'</p>’);
    }

there is also custom code in the functions.php of my child theme

They were done by you guys before you started supporting yoast bread crumbs via your theme. Now the issues is

1. How come they work fine with the older yoast versions and not the new one?

2. Can you take those code on both files, then it should work with your yoast support setting in your theme right?

Thanks

Eric Watson
    Participant

Try to disable this option http://prntscr.com/m5ti2x

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

It worked but how?.

Thanks

Eric Watson
    Participant

You are welcome! Perhaps the developers of the plugin have added this feature in the new version and enabled it by default.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

They had that feature for a long time and with the older versions it did work keeping the setting as replace woocommerce breadcrumbs.

So what i want to know is whether my site is using yoast breadcrumbs or not as I understand the yoast is better than the default woocommerce ones.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Based on your custom code in basel-child/woocommerce/content-single-product.php you are using Yoast breadcrumbs.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

Thanks, you do have a yoast bread crumb setting in your theme. how do i use it if i want to avoid any future issues?

Eric Watson
    Participant

Yes, there is Yoast breadcrumbs support in our theme. You can enable Yoast breadcrumbs using options from the screenshot. http://prntscr.com/m5v5j8

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gizmoman
    Participant

when you use it what setting do you do for replace wocommerce bread crumbs in yoast?

Thanks

Eric Watson
    Participant

You just need to activate Yoast breadcrumbs at Dashboard -> SEO -> Search Appearance -> Breadcrumbs and activate options at Theme Settings.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)