Home Forums WoodMart support forum Broken product thumbnails after update to 7.1

Broken product thumbnails after update to 7.1

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

I have just updated my theme to 7.1 yesterday. I’m using the latest wordpress. After update, the thumbnail images in product detail are no longer displayed in their correct thumbnail size, e.g. 150x150px. Instead, full size images are being displayed and loaded, no matter which settings I change.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

Just to explain further. I’ve already check whether this also happens with a clean installation. It does. Also, I’ve updated my other site using this exact theme and it also breaks the images after updating to 7.1

I’m using a plugin called Smart Image Resizer PRO which keeps the images squared for thumbnails without clipping the original image.

Hello,

Please, confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

The plugins which worked earlier may get incompatible with the recent version.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

Since this is just a staging site, you can do whatever is needed. Just to give it a try, I’ve just briefly switched to Storefront theme and the images were loaded correctly, e.g. the 100×100 thumbnail. After switching back to Woodmart, it loads the original full-size images cropped to 1:1 ratio by using the object-fit: cover; directive in CSS. Image attached. This happened after update. Previously with 7.0.3 everything worked perfectly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot log in. Please disable the block.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

Can you please try loggin in again in 15 minutes? I noticed my hosting has geo protection set up for wp-admin area. I turned that off just now.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We can hardly meet online.

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve deactivated the plugins but it still doesn’t work.

You can find the credentials in the private content area.

Hello,

I do not know why and how, but images are not inserted in the product page: https://gyazo.com/c5e9e2fe30994cf96d2dfb9e04e9aaed

I have added the images: https://gyazo.com/e9490f257a9b24eb3944b0302f0b7443

Please add images.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure whether I understand what you mean. There are many products in the shop with images.

I have just created another one and I’m also attaching a code excerpt which you could probably forward to your programmers or something. As you can see it loads the full size image for thumbnail even though I have a specific size of thumbnail set in the theme settings, e.g. 150×150 so instead of the full size image it should load the image with a “-150×150.webp” suffix.

There must have been some change in code since before the 7.1 update everything worked as expected with the same plugins I use now. And I have already tested it out on a fresh install with just the theme and the smart image resizer plugin and the thumbnails were broken right from the beginning as well.

When you switch to a different theme, e.g. Storefront. The thumbnails start loading correctly.

Best regards.

robo.balasko
    Participant

I’m attaching the aforementioned screenshot here since the previous one was too large to upload.

Attachments:

robo.balasko
    Participant

If you could specify the times at which you are online I could stay up to make things quicker, I’m from Central EU, GMT+1.

Hello,

Please provide the product page URL where I can see the problem.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

I check and see value 300 now. I have set 150. You need to regenerate all thumbnails to apply the changes. Use the following plugin for this.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

Even after regeneration the thumbnails are loaded as full size images. You can see it in the code inspector. Even though a small size is set, the loaded image is 2000px in width.

robo.balasko
    Participant

I assume it’s a bug in the latest update’s code. More specifically, in a file name “product-image.php” which is located in your theme’s files in: /woocommerce/single-product templates. When I remove the $image_size attribute from the function displayed in the images, everything works as expected. You should assign this to your programmers to check as this issue also happens with a clean install of the theme.

Attachments:

Hello,

We have enabled the option: https://monosnap.com/file/1vLSIOPI3WwCiG0kx4mPBeegtP7gr7 then launched regenerating with Regenerate Thumbnails. Please check this product: https://eshop.enigma-audio.sk/produkt/analogovy-xlr-kabel-wireworld-eclipse-8-ebi-6-0m/

As you see it works.

Best Regards

robo.balasko
    Participant

Hello,

I confirm that now it does, in deed, work. May I ask what steps have you taken in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

I wish you a pleasant day.

Hello,

1. You need to set the size of a thumbnail.
    2. Regenerate the thumbnails.

Best Regards

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)