Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cache plugins and site optimizaion

Cache plugins and site optimizaion

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

siteadmin
    Participant

Hello!

It’s known that site constructors have lower Google Speedpage indicators, so I want to make a number of improvements (on my site, different pages on your theme show 18-25 for mobiles and 45-70 for PC).

1. What caching plugins can you recommend? Maybe you tested your theme with some?
    2. Which perfomance settings should be set through your theme (JS, CSS, etc), and which ones through the caching plugin (to avoid conflicts)?

In my language:

Известно, что конструкторы сайтов обладают меньшими показателями Google Speedpage, поэтому хочу провести ряд улучшений (на моем сайте разные страницы на вашей теме показывают 18-25 для мобильников и 45-70 – для ПК).

1. Какие плагины кэширования можете рекомендовать, может быть тестировали вашу тему с какими-то?
    2. Какие настройки оптимизации следует устанавливать через вашу тему (JS, CSS), а какие через плагин кэширования (чтобы избежать конфликтов)?

Hello,

1) I recommend you to use WP Super Cache or WP Rocket plugin for this purpose.

2) In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

Thank you.

So if I set minified js files in cache plugin, it is mean i need switch off minified version of functions.js file in theme settings? Right?

What about “…already optimized…” if we talk about only your theme, so is possible. But other related plugins, for example WPBakery, Slider Revolution – plugins, which make your theme more usefull, their code reduce speed optimize. Just now i switch off Slider Revolution and get increase speed over 50% (from 29 to 46 points) for mobile and 40% (from 65 to 77 points) – on PC . Because Slider Revolution loads its code even on pages where it is not used. The same situation on your demo site.

No offense. Cool theme. Need hand tuning for each case and reasonably using plugins.

Most Welcome,

It’s not compulsory, It’s up to you, if you want to disable the “Minified JS” so that minified version of function.js file will not loaded, you can do it from Theme Settings >> Performance.

Screenshot for clarification: https://jmp.sh/g5iXMaE

Our theme is already optimized means we did not have extra resources and content to make the site slow. The Wp-Bakery and Slider Revolution both are required plugins of theme, but if you think Slider Revolution reduces your site speed you can simply disable it from plugins, if you are not using any sliders of slider revolution in your site. WoodMart also have default sliders. You can use those sliders from Dashboard >> Slides option. As the Slider Revolution loads its code even on pages where it is not used, because the code is included in some header or footer areas and we did not change this behavior, by default it works in this way.

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

Good.

If you allow me to continue in this theme:

How can i make images from menu to lazy load images: screenshot in attach ?

For my site this will allow me to win 0.3-0.5 seconds and these are the only images that the metric asks to do with delayed loading.

I think it’s not necessary to install another plugin specifically for these icons.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

siteadmin
    Participant

Unfortunaly, similar situation with categories under header (in page-title section). More info in attached screenshot.

By the way, have one more problem: when we transfered our site from dev-subdomain to production, url for this images still link to development subdomain. Is it really necessary now to transfer everything manually? If I have 300-500 categories. Of course, I can run the request through the database, but this is not a very loyal approach.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

If you want to change or remove those icons used for categories menu, you can do it by editing the categories one by one from Products >> Categories >> Icon to display in the main menu (or any other menu through the site)

Screenshot for clarification: https://jmp.sh/Dadn33g

If you do not want to use 450*450 resolution for those images shown in shop header. You can use your images with less resolutions, because the intrinsic pixels are the actual resolution of images, we can’t change them from theme settings.

As you said that your URLs still link to prior domain which you used for development purposes. Please save the Theme Settings then save permalinks in Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and also regenerate CSS in the CSS generator.

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

Hello,

I know, how change or remove icons. I dont understand, why your theme use the same image for icons and for category preview at the same moment. One image for category take about 30kb – if we want good picture quality and to sell our goods. But the same image your theme use for icon, which size 35x35px. From this thought you can see: litle icon, which size 35x35px eat whole 30kb.

For this problem (only this) Google Speed Page (or gtMetrix) give to our site minus 2.5s

So, i want or lazyload for icons or have ability to upload for cat-icons other images.

siteadmin
    Participant

Sorry. My mistake: not the same image – theme use different image for icon and for category preview.

But question actual: i losing about 2.5s at Speed Page because of category icons.

Hello,

Yes, both were different not the same.

As you losing about 2.5s page speed because of category icons, then simply remove all those icons by editing the categories one by one from Products >> Categories.

OR

You can use your own icons, just replace your own icons.

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

Yes, be sure, i already use my own icons for categories. But Google Speed Page and GTMetrix complain and request that these icons must load later – after main content.

Thank you

Most Welcome,

Go to theme settings >> Performance >> LAZY LOADING, and make sure that “Lazy loading for images” option is enabled.

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

1) Im sure, that Lazy load otion is enable, but categories icons, obviously, is not included in lazy load script.

2) Its some strange, but WP Super Cache not caching pages: https://yadi.sk/d/x9SkW8i1Q5C1XQ Maybe you know, what is happened?

Hello,

Yes lazy loading functionality is not for those icons, Lazy loading is for product grid images and other images so that images loaded only when user will scroll the page.

You can check the below article about the WP Super Cache:
    https://www.yourhowto.net/how-to-fix-wp-super-cache-0-cached-pages/

Best Regards.

siteadmin
    Participant

Thank you for all support. Unfortunally, WP Super Cache didnt work – 0 pages cached. 2-3 days I try many settings, change file/folders permissions, switch off all plugins, rewriting some rules and change files, but Super Cache refused to work.

Only one plugin help me (all in one – replaces both: Clearfy and Super Cache) – this is WP Rocket with thin settings. My speed indicators grow up to 70/90 points in Google SpeedPage and GTmetrix, and visual in developer console, on the network tab (2.5-3s).

Especilly lazy load in WP Rocket much better and give about 15-20 points and can work with webP images.

Most Welcome,

Yes, the WP Rocket plugin is quite useful and much better than the other plugins. I’m glad that your site working fine with Wp Rocket.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cache plugins and site optimizaion’ is closed to new replies.