Home Forums WoodMart support forum Caching issue

Caching issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ipergraphic
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to this theme and I think it’s great, but there’re some things I don’t get. The first one, most important, is that I don’t see immediately on my browser the changes I do on my child theme style.css file, sometimes it happens also for visual bakery changes.

Please take in consideration this:

– Website is under construction and I’m not using caching services on the hosting
    – I’ve done many websites with other themes on the same environment/server and I didn’t get this problem
    – I’m using Chrome/Firefox for creating the website, and this caching issue still happens if I manually clear the cache.

TO REPLICATE THIS PROBLEM
    – I thin you could make a change to the child theme style.css and see it’s not immediately visible on the browser, unless you open a new anonymous window each time. If you clear cache on the browser you’re using, you don’t see the changes.

The only way at the moment to see changes is to close my chrome/firefox window and open a new one in anonymous version, but it’s really a problem because I should open a new window each time I make a change to see it published.

I need to make changes to the style.css file or website and immediately see them on my browser, without having a new window to open each time, as I normally do with other projects.

I looked for caching options in the theme, but I didn’t find any. Are there any options I’m not seeing? How could I solve this? Because it’s making me working on the project very very slow.

Thanks,
    Francesco

ipergraphic
    Participant

Update: I noticed this caching issue is only related to the style.css child theme and not to what set in bakery. Please remember the hosting is not using any cache system and I don’t have any caching plugin installed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Yes, we see that CSS files somehow cached by your server and we don’t see the changes on frontend even after browser cache clear.
    You need to contact your hosting provider for help on this matter. Our theme doesn’t have any caching mechanisms at all.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

ipergraphic
    Participant

Hello,

I reopen this ticket because I’m still having trouble with this issue. The problem is related to the fact that when I make changes to the child theme style.css and style-mobile.css files I don’t see the changes in my browser but they are applied. I see immediately the changes if I change text inside admin pages, because of this I suppose the problem is only related to the css files.

I see them only if I open a new anonymous chrome/firefox window in my browser but this requires me to open a new window every single time I make changes, and I’m making lot of changes to the files. My collaborators as well say they don’t see changes and they have to follow the same rule. It’s making the work very very complicated.

I checked this with SiteGround, my server provider, and they told me there’re no caching services set on it (I disabled each of them). To give reason to this I tried to move the site on another server (copied the site) and I have exactly the same issue, because of this it’s reasonable to think it’s not a server problem.

I want to add that I worked with many other templates building websites and it’s the first time I’m getting this problem. If there’s something in my browser it should create problems with all other projects but it’s not. it’s happening only with this template.

Last thing, every plugin / theme / wp version is updated and I don’t have caching plugins active right now.

Any help?

Thanks!
    Francesco

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Be sure that you clear your browser cache each time you apply some changes in theme styles. Our theme doesn’t have any cache for CSS files at all. Moreover, it is not possible to implement such a cache in the theme scope.

Kind Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)