Home Forums WoodMart support forum Caching issue

Caching issue

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Hello,

I am having two very serious issues with the theme, one seems to be caching with WP Rocket and the other one is just crazy behavior with Permalinks, and it seems like every attempt is one step forward two steps back. My main concern is that my website is not a project but a running company generating sales and I am very limited on the actions I can take by daytime.

I recently installed your theme (coming from Essentials Theme) and I’ll be honest, it’s night and day. Very pleased so far by the possibilities. Especially the shop templates with conditions. It appears that all good things come with downsides. Let’s hope this is not it.

1) Styling going crazy.

It’s a behavior that I saw twice already, and the only solution was to deactivate WP Rocket (Version 3.15.6). For some reason, it happens that my styling just disappears. No more logos, rounded borders or sort. Plainly dead. Don’t know why, don’t know how but just gone. What I tried before deactivating WP Rocket

– Cleared WPRocket Cache
    – Clear Browser (Firefox / Chrome / ISO / Chrome on Iphone)
    – Stop having separate caches for mobile
    – Stop having cache for registered users
    – Any CSS or JS unchecked
    – No defered or reported JS
    – No CDN
    – Manually deleted the WPRocket cache folder on FTP and deleted the wp-rocket-config

Somehow, twice, on mobile OR desktop, CSS just went nuts.

Solution for now: Deactivate WP Rocket. To be sure, deactivating puts back my website to normal css. Unfortunately, downside is speed. I am going to be honest, with WP Rocket your theme is lightning speed. Seriously fast. My scores were never been this high on GTMetrix Pingdom or Google Lighthouse. WP Rocket is a must, I need to find a workaround… Maybe there is a configuration I am missing ?

2) This is the no no part. It’s 03:25, and I need a solution in a couple of hours. I need at least 4 hours to go back to my previous theme. so solution needs to come fast… no pressure.

Somehow I can NOT access my website pages. I get a 404. Same as above, happened twice, for now reason. removing WP Rocket does not help. I do have access to the main page, I do have access to the backend. No pages or articles are available AND return a 404.

Solution: Reseting Permalinks. Resetting the permalinks solves the problem. The issue is, it is not related to users. When the website goes nuts on 404, my home PC gets the 404, my phone, my office and I called the little sister to check on her computer… after resetting the permalinks.. Everything came back fine.

To finish

The 404 issue is very weird. I do have my server log attached for errors, I also have the web requests witht the 404 showing (trying to look at the behaviour before the 404) but nothing comes up to my eyes.

The only thing i see is:

PHP message: WordPress database error Table ‘wp_wpr_rucss_used_css’ already exists for query CREATE TABLE wp_wpr_rucss_used_css

Which inside my database is empty. Seems like this is related to WP Rocket used CSS…

As of now, everything is back to normal, WP Rocket is on but NO options have been selected so its pretty much useless. I am waiting for the 404 to show up again…

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

1. Our theme is fully compatible with WP Rocket and there shouldn’t be any issues. Could you please recreate this problem so we can check it on your website? Also, you can contact WP Rocket developers for help too since it might be a problem of the plugin.

2. It is definitely not a theme issue. But anyway, we are ready to check this for you. But we still need to be able to see the problem on your website live. We recommend you to create a staging clone of your website where you will be able to test such things without harm to your working website.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to recreate it, but as it is random, I have no control over it. Issue is, even if I can reproduce it, as it is a live website (handling a bit over 30k sales per month) I cannot have it bugging live with client. I have to synchronize my issue with your schedule (I am in Paris France) which might be a bit hard.

I want to start a fresh installation of WordPress with a fresh installation of your theme. I am guessing the issue does not come from the theme or the plugins, but more over an issue with the way I installed it. This was my way: (look at private section).

Question: Can I export the entire theme configuration ? Lets just say I like all my menus, my extra css (which is acutally couple line) and the way I configured all your page and designs and want to get it back on the new install ?

What I am thinking of doing:

– Export entire products catalogues and metas
    – Export all my client database
    – Export all your theme configuration
    – Fresh database
    – Fresh wordpress
    – Fresh theme install
    – Upload all content and configuration

francois.krikorian
    Participant

UPDATE: For now, as it is 20:00 I put WPRocket back on:

The configuration of WPRocket is as this:

Caching:
    – Activate caching for mobile devices YES
    – Seperate file for mobile NO
    – Activacte caching for WordPress users YES

File optimization
    – Differed Javascript Loading YES
    – Report JS Execution YES (all analytics data is differed except GTM)
    – Excluded the default script (jquery migrate and content / include folder)

Preloading
    – Everything is marked UNCHECKED

The rest is unckeched.

As of now, website is LIGHTING FAST. I could not expect more than this. Waiting to reproduce any of the two errors :

– CSS issues
    – Permalink with 404 issue

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please send me access to the staging site so I can investigate those issues there.

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Please look at the private section

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

It looks like it’s some sort of server configuration that blocks your IP if you enable the developer tools from the browser.

So I suggest you contact with the server support for further solutions.

Kind Regards

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Also, this happens either if I have WP Rocket or not.

francois.krikorian
    Participant

I

francois.krikorian
    Participant

I removed all plugins and went back to PHP7.4 and same issue. The weird part is:

https://v2 (which is now the old website with Essentials Theme) keeps loading ressources from woodmart. Checkout the link in private and look at network resources its always:

el-text-block.min.css
    jqueryblockUI.min.js
    lock-keyhol.svg
    wc-blocks-google-analytics.js

that repeat.

Can you confirm that the link in private actually keeps loading and gets like 5k requests even from your end?

francois.krikorian
    Participant

I removed all plugins from old test site and still have the issue. The console shows over 400 issues…

Seems like there is a deeper issue. https://v2 pulls resources and files from the https://www website (I guess there are no direct links, so it’s omitting the v2).

As of now, my sales are down 99%. Any variable products can’t be purchased and kills my resources. No choice but to shut this down. Going to give your them another try with a fresh installation.

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Issue comes from Embed Blocks

francois.krikorian
    Participant

Hello again,

As for the CSS issue. I noticed that if I make CSS changes but not empty cache from WP Rocket after the css changes (from your Theme Settings the file: xts-theme_settings_default.css does not get loaded. For some reason.

I can always exclude it from WP-Rocket.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to use the below article for help with Embed blocks:

https://www.appsloveworld.com/wordpresscode/4/how-to-remove-the-core-embed-blocks-in-wordpress-5-6?expand_article=1

As for the CSS issue, the page is cached and to see the changes you need to clear the cache and then the changes will be uploaded. The cache plugins have such work so it’s not an issue.

https://wp-rocket.me/wordpress-cache/

Kind Regards

francois.krikorian
    Participant

This issue is resolved.

For anyone interested, there was an issue with the Embed blocks. They are very imported as the link products one to another and allow SEO performance.

As of this date, I tried using Embed Blocks for testing purposes and the issue does not appear anymore. Also, the Embed blocks are not the same, images don’t show up, as well as some product info such as price. I guess WordPress / Woocommerce modified the embed blocks some time ago.

As for the Styling issue. On WP Rocket, there is an option to generate and save styles. Giving a style version. What was happening was each time I made modifications to the styles in the theme settings, I had to regenerate the styles from WP Rocket otherwise the wrong style version was loading and no style was showing up. It is not a theme issue, but a “I do not how to use it” issue.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Great! Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Caching issue’ is closed to new replies.