Home Forums WoodMart support forum Calling filters somewhere beside sidebar

Calling filters somewhere beside sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nathancarvalho
    Participant

Hello,

I’m about to finish my website and so far your theme is great!
    I came here to ask one last thing: is it possible to call the WOODMART Layered Nav or a normal woocommerce filter in a desired area?

I wanted to do so so customers could select the filter directly on the home page or other places aside from the normal sidebar in the shop page.

When somoeone enters the website they can choose their car fabricant, model, engine and hit the filter button to go straight to the shop page with the filter on.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use WooCommerce layered navigation on other pages than the shop page. They work only for the core shop page set in the plugin’s settings and we are not able to change this in our theme.

Regards

nathancarvalho
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

If anybody is wondering, the closest I got was using a plugin called “Widget to Shortcode” in which I created a widget with the filters and pasted the shortcode in the main area of my site. No luck because the url refreshes without the “shop” in it. So it ended up yoursite.com/home/choosen+filters (instead of yoursite.com/shop/choosen+filters).

Altough I DID ended up working this out with WOOF Filter Plugin, you can adjust filters and generate a shortcode and then paste it wherever you want. However I dit not use it because I prefer to leave the AJAX filters from the theme itself only.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but as we mentioned, our theme filters, as well as WooCommerce default widgets, can be used on the shop page only.

nathancarvalho
    Participant

Artem Temos:

What if I use the “Brand” element and change it for another attribute, instead of using images we use a dropdown selector?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, there is no option to show dropdown instead of images. It may be possible only with some extra code customization.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)