Home Forums WoodMart support forum Can i use your theme on localhost with licence and then revoke for online

Can i use your theme on localhost with licence and then revoke for online

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi there, we have recently bought your theme woodmart, i want to use it to redesign a website, i have following questions;

1- can i use your theme in localhost with licence (so that i can import content) and when i make the design ready in localhost i would export, and then import that design to the actual site that is online

2- can i import separate pages instead of complete demo? like homepage of > https://woodmart.xtemos.com/demo-grocery/demo/grocery/

or about page of any other demo template and so on?

3- if i import entire template, would it erase existing products and pages content and seo done on pages?

4- can i import header and footer from any template (from demos)

Please let me know about above asap

Thank You
    Bilal Hussain

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Yes, you can activate the license on the local host and on the live domain for one and the same site.

You can download certain pages in the Dashboard > WoodMart > Additional pages. Besides, we suggest a template library allowing upload blocks: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/templates-library/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi, Thank you for reaching back to me!
    in that link it shows wpbakery, i wanna use elementor and in your theme you guys mentioned its compatible with both, so i believe i can get these blocks of woodmart using elementor as well?

and this would also allow me to import this homepage of grocery as well? > https://woodmart.xtemos.com/demo-grocery/demo/grocery/

Hello,

The template library is available for both: please scroll a bit to see the instructions.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Thank you, yes i can see its available for both.
    could you please confirm if i import complete demo of grocery > https://woodmart.xtemos.com/demo-grocery/demo/grocery/

would this erase already added products? Orders? Comments? and pages?

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

I have installed the theme and activated all plugins (skipped demo during the setup) but i dont see any grocery homepage or anyother demo homepage in additional pages section (all the sections here are blocks) so how can i import homepage or grocery without erasing old content of both pages and products and everything related to woocommerce?

and secondly, how can i import headers? it asks for jason code, where to get that?

and after i install and activated this theme, i am seeing my shop pages to have an issue with the layout, please see attached file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi, i was able to solve the above issue by deactivating a plugin (but those plugins are working fine online with divi theme) your theme is giving two erros with two plugins,

apart from that, the most important thing right now is that elementor is not working, i have deactivated all plugins (except the ones recommended by theme (i would attach the file) but the elementor is not loading, also i cannot able to import demo content and i believe its also because elementor is not working.

Attachments:

Hello,

When you upload any demo, all the settings are changed, all your content remails, however, demo content is added.

If you want to have the exact site like a grocery demo you would better to do the following:

1. Create a staging site with new WordPress installation without any plugins.

1. Install, activate, upload the demo.

3. Configure your site completely as you want to have it and delete the demo content you do not need.

4. Export-import the content from your live site and check, finis the settings,

5. Add the plugins from your live site one by one checking the site for conflicts.

6. As soon as everything is ready migrate the site from the staging platform to the live.

Divi plugins work with the Divi theme perfectly, and as for the other themes they often cause problems.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello sir.. i think you are not answering the main questions about issues that i am facing.
    why elementor is not working? i have already mentioned that all the plugins have been deactivated including anything related to divi, only the plugins that were recommended during the setup wizard are there as per the screenshot i sent above, so please let me know what is the elementor issue?

Hello,

Please, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello sir, im using on localhost for now, since our main cannot stay down as it gets orders all the time and that is why i am testing if everything would work on localhsot before make things live, because we cannot offort our site to have issues when its live, we do have both flatsome and divi licenced products but i really love all the demos and features in your theme and i really wish to use it without any issues. i recently used pinkmart in an existing site which also had divi theme and pages created with it but it didnt give any issues.

i can confirm that all the plugins (except the ones in the screenshots above)

if you think i should directly use your theme on live site (we have weekly backup but we would prefer to not have the site any issues as it would cost us customers) then personally i dont think we can right away but if you are positive i can give you access and you can import demo content and make sure there are no issues and elementor is working and no existing products, pages, comments, orders are erased.

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

i have activated elementor on our live site and its working with all plugins being activated (see attached please)

on localhost, i switched theme but elementor isnt working again. i would import this site again and see if it works and update you.

could you recommend if i install fresh wordpress on localhost, and directly import your entire demo and design pages and then import those pages into live site with elementor template, do you think this process would work?

Attachments:

Hello,

Please reinstall WordPress, install the theme on the new WordPress installation and install and activate all the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins. Check how the Elementor works.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hi sir, i could install fresh wp but we have lot of orders in woocommerce and users in our existing website, and there are around 32 plugins that would require configurations if i do that. so could you let me know any better solution? so that i can use my existing plugins and configurations with your theme?

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

i have also checked, deactivating/removing these plugins (there are 3 that seems to give the issue) still makes elementor to not work. could you solve this issue as we need two of those plugins for sure as they cover very import part of our website, if you could solve this issue then i could use your theme on our website

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

i believe i can give you access to my live website, where you can install and activate your theme and see if any issue arises and if they do please do solve them as well so that we can work with your theme,

we have weekly backup incase its needed

Hello,

Please insert the credentials for the live site into the Private content below the message area and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello sir, at the moment our office times has started, so can i give you access after like 12-18 hours and meanwhile we would make sure we have the latest backup of the site

Hello,

Ok, tell us the time zone so that we could test in the proper time.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

its PST timezone,

btw i have tested with fresh install of wp on my localhost (attaching the screenshots) and still i couldnt import the demo content, please let me know what could be the issue? clearly there is something wrong

Attachments:

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello please let me know if you are available? i can give you live site access to test your stuff

Hello,

Yes, sure please provide the access. Please insert the credentials into the Private content below the message area. Please specify the time frame as per PST time zone.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello sir. in live site, the php value needs to be increased (which i have already told the host) regarding the elementor and plugin issue, its still there,

elementor is not working, and also payment based fees for woocommerce plugin gives error when your theme is activated

im attaching the access below, please check and update me as soon as you are done

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

sorry check this website link below

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Please update me asap? i am waiting

Hello,

Please check the credentilas I cannot login

Best Reards

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Hello, i just logged in to a new broswer with same credentials, i am adding them adding them again

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

Let me know if are logged in?

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

any update?

Bilal Hussain
    Participant

KINDLY UPDATE ME ?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Can i use your theme on localhost with licence and then revoke for online’ is closed to new replies.