Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cannot import additional pages (after switching from WPB to Elelmentor)

Cannot import additional pages (after switching from WPB to Elelmentor)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

localartandcraft
    Participant

We have a live site and I have lost the ability to install additional pages and elements after switching to Elelmentor (I originally installed with WP Bakery).

I cannot afford to reinstall base files and demos as this is a live site with a vast well indexed set of pages. But I would like to get back the functionality where by I can install the odd page / element as and when required. Is there any setting in the DB or similar I can change to remove the lock on these features?

Kind Regards
    Dean

Hello,

WoodMart works with either WP Bakery builder or Elementor builder at once, but not with both at the same time. It is not possible to convert an existing site that is built on WP bakery page builder into Elementor. In order to have a site basing on the Elementor builder, it is necessary to replicate the site from scratch on a new WordPress installation with the Elementor plugin.

You will need to reinstall all if you want to change the builder. Now you can get back to WP Bakery page builder.

Best Regards

localartandcraft
    Participant

Hi Thank you for the reply.

We have over 7000 live products and 2500 active members. Rebuilding the site is not an option for us. Is there absolutely no way to make any code or DB changes and import data without messing up the live site at all?

Surely you should be able to install the theme without demo content in someway if wanting to use Woodmart on an existing site?

Dean

Hello,

You can restore your site from the backup before you have installed the theme. Then install the theme on Elementor.

If you can not go this way, there is another more complicated.

Install the WoodMart with Elemento on net WordPress installation (testing platform) and try to import all the content https://prnt.sc/xtrhbm

Then export-import the user table of the database into your new site and configure.

As soon as you configure, you will move the testing site to your living site and will not lose any content or user data.

Hope it would work.

Best Regards

localartandcraft
    Participant

Can I just reaffirm, this site is HUGE and Live…

This would be a very EXPENSIVE and time consuming operation.

There must be a way we can edit the DB or Files directly to that woodmart assumes that Elementor was the original installation choice

Hello,

We are very sorry, however, there is no other way to switch from one builder to another. Perhaps you know they are absolutely different.

I would recommend testing if you can migrate all the data to a testing site. I mean users. I have checked your products, seems the products do use any builder, so the most time-consuming part is not subject for recreation. Give a try. Contact us if you need our help.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)