Home Forums Basel support forum Can't change the menu used with the Mega Menu Widget

Can't change the menu used with the Mega Menu Widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CollinH
    Participant

I’ve got a new menu set up to display my product categories but I can’t get the Mega Menu Widget to change. I go into the settings for that widget on the home page, I can see the menu I want to use, but when I select it and save the changes, it doesn’t actually change. When I open the settings up again, it’s back to the original menu.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @CollinH,

Thank you for creating the topic.

Could you please provide a bit more detailed explanation of the problem? Screenshot and your web-site URL will be very helpful in this case.

Thank you

CollinH
    Participant

I have a screenshot but I don’t see any way to upload it here?

I’m using the home page from the Fashion Flat demo as my basis. I’ve created a new menu called “Product categories” to be used here. When I go to edit the home page using Visual Composer’s classic mode, I click the edit button to update the Mega Menu Widget’s settings. On the dialog that pops up, the selected menu is “Main navigation”. I change this selection to my “Product categories” menu and click save changes, and then update the page, but nothing changes. If I open that Mega Menu Widget options panel again, the selected menu has reverted to “Main navigation.”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Okay, we understand the problem. But could you send us your admin access so we could take a look and try to solve it?

CollinH
    Participant

Admin login credentials below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Okay, we have added menu manually on your page, now it works correct.

CollinH
    Participant

What was/is the problem? How did you manually add it?

CollinH
    Participant

As soon as I edit any other element on the page and update it, the menu again reverts. I need a solution to whatever the problem is, please, not a temporary workaround.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will review this issue on our development web-site and if detect some problem in our theme will update in the next release. At the moment you need to place it as a plain shortcode like this

https://gyazo.com/a29d5bf03ab82561009645a06ec57035

[basel_mega_menu title="Browse Products" nav_menu="20"]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)