Home Forums Basel support forum Can't click map marker

Can't click map marker

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

robertarrow
    Participant

For some reason, I can’t select the map marker on the default contact page in the theme. Please let me know why this is. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but it is not quite clear for us. What exactly are you trying to select?

robertarrow
    Participant

For some reason, I can not select the map marker to pull up the information that I added in the backend of VC.

robertarrow
    Participant

Here’s a video of what I mean, there’s a title and text on marker input, but I can not select the map marker.

https://streamable.com/6wk4d

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access and we will check this.

robertarrow
    Participant

Added SFTP & WordPress Admin into private content section. Thanks for the assistance!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you.

We just checked the element and see that this field doesn’t work at all. If you want to add any content to the map, you can place it to the row and add this row inside the google map container. If you need to add some text to the marker use “Title” field. But make your Text on the marker field empty.

robertarrow
    Participant

Like this? It still doesn’t work… Am I supposed to add a text module onto the Google Maps module?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to set title OR add content with text block, but use a row for this block also.

robertarrow
    Participant

I’m not exactly sure what you mean? I need to add a row onto the Maps Module and then a text module inside of that row?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Exactly, use a row also.

robertarrow
    Participant

I think I’m doing something wrong, now it’s just gray text at the top right of the maps, which is not what I want. I want users to be able to click the map marker and see the following text.

1998 NE 149th Street
    North Miami, FL 33181
    (786) 389-2290
    info@allureshowroom.com

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But you can set a background for the text block in “Design” tab and change its position using margins and paddings.

Regards

robertarrow
    Participant

But wouldn’t that mean it would always be over the map? There’s no way to trigger it from clicking the map marker like a default Google Maps embed?

robertarrow
    Participant

I ended up just using the following:

.gm-style-iw h3:after { content: "1998 NE 149th Street \A North Miami, FL 33181 \A (786) 389-2290 \A info@allureshowroom.com"; display: block; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre; font-family:Karla,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;margin: 5px 0}

But that’s technically what I wanted to do without the CSS. That’s not possible with this module?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, seems that this basic function is missed. We will improve this in the next update for sure.

Kind Regards

robertarrow
    Participant

Okay, thank you 🙂 just wanted to let you know. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I love your map module and its ability to add styling without an additional plugin like SnazzyMaps, that’s why I decided to figure a way to do what I needed without having to switch to another maps plugin. Hopefully, you guys can get around to it in the next update. Cheers!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, thank you 🙂

Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)