Home Forums Basel support forum Can't edit footer

Can't edit footer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

2hands10fingers
    Participant

The widgets in Appearance > Widgets for some reason will not allow me to save. I’m trying to edit specifically the footer widgets. It won’t let me. I can delete them fine, but no editing can take place.

I get a console error when I try this:

load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:4 POST http://ofdist.staging.wpengine.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error)
    send @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:4
    ajax @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:4
    n.(anonymous function) @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:4
    save @ widgets.min.js?ver=4.9:1
    (anonymous) @ widgets.min.js?ver=4.9:1
    dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:3
    r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-resizable,utils,undersco&load[]=re,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=4.9:3
    15:18:22.894 

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

2hands10fingers
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. Our site doesn’t contain a default theme. We’re operating on a child theme from the default premium Basel theme.

2hands10fingers
    Participant

Just a follow up. I downloaded a default theme, switched over, and tried to change a footer widget. I had the same result.

2hands10fingers
    Participant

After switching back, our footer we had earlier has disappeared and these are now these errors showing up on top

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #7 is not an array in /nas/content/staging/ofdist/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1159

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #2 is not an array in /nas/content/staging/ofdist/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1160

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/content/staging/ofdist/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1162

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /nas/content/staging/ofdist/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 1170

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please try to disable all extra plugins so we can check it?

2hands10fingers
    Participant

Sure thing. We’ll need to do it later today after we’re done making changes. I’ll update this thread when we’ve done it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, contact us when you will be ready.

2hands10fingers
    Participant

I have copied the staging site to live and then deactivated all the plugins. It seems to be working now because of that, but I’ll need help identifying which plugin is causing this exactly. I’ve posted the site in Private.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

If it happens because of some of extra plugin then you can easily identify it disabling each plugin one by one and testing it.

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)