Home Forums WoodMart support forum Can't save sidebar

Can't save sidebar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

horny_fungus
    Participant

Hi, I tried creating sidebar via sidebar tab in WP dashboard but when I’m saving it hitting update button all progress is gone – the page is blank again.
    I got the same result with lugins disabled both with Woodmart and default theme (although as far as I understand sidebars feature comes from your theme).
    Also when I switch to classic editor on sidebar page it’s not shown.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

horny_fungus
    Participant

Here you have it:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, you can’t add any content to the sidebar with a standard editor. You just need to create it and then put widgets via Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets.

horny_fungus
    Participant

Got it. So the whole sidebar tab is only for creting a new sidebar?
    Actually my real problem is that I can’t install floating reviews tab widget for judge.me plugin. When I enable sidebar containing it’s shortcode the whole page layout is distorted and reviews tab is not floating by any means.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Have you tried to add it to other sidebars? Does it happen with our custom sidebars only?

horny_fungus
    Participant

I’ve tried using the shortcode via “main widget area” but result is the same.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please explain and provide some screenshots so we can understand how do you use it?

horny_fungus
    Participant

I tried to use simple text as a widget and all page content that was centered now is moved to the right, please check screenshot below.
    Is it supposed to be so? What should I do if I do not want to add a column with content, but I want to add an overlayed floating tab which should not affect original page layout at all?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, if you add a sidebar, the content is shifted to the side. I still can’t understand how do you want to show them. Please, provide a clear screenshot with an explanation.

horny_fungus
    Participant

1) the tab should be floating, i.e. always on screen, moving when scrolling (this part is achieved)
    2) it should not affect the page layout at all
    3) it should be shown near the left edge of screen, in the middle of bottom 1/3 of screen

A good example would be live chat tabs – they usually have all properties I need for this tab.

Please see screenshot attached:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sidebar is not a floating block on the side of the screen. You can check how the sidebar supposed to work on our demo pages

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/
    https://woodmart.xtemos.com/blog/category/wooden-accessories/?opt=blog_default_flat

horny_fungus
    Participant

OK, got it. But then how can I attach some floating content? I want it to be overlayed without any influence on original page layout. Like live chat or back to top buttons.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme and WooCommerce by default. It may require additional code customization or extra plugin but we don’t have an instruction for this.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)