Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cart widget (In Header) doesn’t update changes in cart page

Cart widget (In Header) doesn’t update changes in cart page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

estaguilars
    Participant

The cart widget (In Header) doesn’t update the price and quantity when a product is removed from the cart page

I share access to my development test website with you.

Thanks for you help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Yes, it is a WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence this. Here is a video that demonstrates the same problem with a Storefront WooCommerce default theme https://monosnap.com/file/WTaxYepFGLh6rMl98CsQO3AXbBCPVK

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

estaguilars
    Participant

Hi, thank for answer!

I see, but can you do something for Woodmart theme, like a patch?

I understand that in Storefront dont work too, but why in another themes, the new Woocommerce update doesn’t have problems?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It is not possible to fix this with a patch in the theme, unfortunately. But we will try to find some workaround for our future updates.

Kind Regards

estaguilars
    Participant

Hi! Do you remember this issue?

In a previous response, you answered me:
    “it is a WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence this. Here is a video that demonstrates the same problem with a Storefront WooCommerce default theme”

Wordpress / Woocommerce recently have updates and the Cart widget now works well in Storefront Theme, so Can you check this ticket again for Woodmart Theme, please

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us a link to your website where we can see that it works with the Storefront theme.

Thank you in advance.

Benny Pan
    Participant

HI, I also have the same problem:
    The Menu CART value is not updated when the user updates the CART

hope it can be fixed!
    my website is https://farmry.com

but the sidebar cart works very well:

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Benny Pan.
    Attachments:

estaguilars
    Participant

Hi!
    This is a dev site for testing, as you can see in the next video, the Cart Widget in the Cart Page works with the storefront theme, but with Woodmart Theme doesn’t:
    https://www.loom.com/share/8e124a9d3c1b4813801056965126ca59?sid=4842cd60-d5a7-4a11-ba00-84303cf542f4

Additionally, I found another issue, when the last item is removed, the cart doesn’t show the expected empty message, but show a blank page (you can see it too in the video)

Thanks for your support

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can fix it by applying patch # 488135. To do this, go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Patcher, find the corresponding patch and click on the “Apply” button. Let us know if it works for you.

Kind Regards

estaguilars
    Participant

Hi!, great the cart widget works well now, thank you

_

On the other hand, did you notice that when the cart is empty the ’empty status message’ does not appear?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

if ( ! function_exists( 'woodmart_wc_empty_cart_message' ) ) {
    	/**
    	 * Show notice if cart is empty.
    	 * @since 1.0.0
    	 */
    	function woodmart_wc_empty_cart_message() {
    		woodmart_enqueue_inline_style( 'woo-page-empty-page' );

?>
    		<p class="cart-empty wd-empty-page wc-empty-cart-message">
    			<?php echo wp_kses_post( apply_filters( 'wc_empty_cart_message', __( 'Your cart is currently empty.', 'woocommerce' ) ) ); ?>
    		</p>
    		<?php
    	}

add_action( 'woocommerce_cart_is_empty', 'woodmart_wc_empty_cart_message', 10 );
    }

Kind Regards

estaguilars
    Participant

Hi!
    It works, thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)