Home Forums Basel support forum Cart Widget Keeps Disappearing

Cart Widget Keeps Disappearing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

GrahameGDG
    Participant

Hi, I have a sidebar on my store and product pages. At the top of the sidebar I have the woocommerce cart widget.

The cart widget always shows fine on the product pages and when you click “store” from the main menu bar. However, when you select a category from the side bar or sub-menu under the main menu bar, the cart widget disappears just as the loading spinner stops and the products from that category show up.

I’m guessing it’s some kind of coding conflict between the category loading script and the widget script. Have you had this issue reported before or can you think of any way to fix it? I have left a link to my website. Thanks

GrahameGDG
    Participant

Just noticed that the problem occurs when using pagination too, in case that helps to shed any light on what the issue is

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello there,

Thank you for the report.

WooCommerce shopping cart widget works in the following way: you open the page then all cart content is loading with AJAX. When you use this with our AJAX functions widget is not updating, since page is not reloading. If you need we can fix this issue for your web-site or we can fix it in the next update.

Kind Regards,
    Xtemos

GrahameGDG
    Participant

Okay I see. When will the next update be? I have quite a few visitors coming to my website at the moment so I need it fixed pretty quickly really. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case you can setup child theme and provide us with all the necessary details (admin login/pass and FTP credentials). We will try to fix this for you directly.

GrahameGDG
    Participant

Okay child theme is ready and login info is attached. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Update the theme to the latest version, we have already fixed the issue.

GrahameGDG
    Participant

What’s the best way of doing that? Just re-downloading the theme and overwriting the files in the theme folder?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, just replace theme folder with the new one. But please make a backup before doing that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)