Home Forums WoodMart support forum "Categories" item in Header Builder all messed up

"Categories" item in Header Builder all messed up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Webartisan
    Participant

Hello
    apparently since latest theme’s update (6.0) I lost the formatting of the “Categories” menu that was added in the Header Builder near the main menu. See details in attached images. I don’t have screenshot o the previuos, working version.

This happened suddenly and it seems like it’s missing all the necessary CSS.

For the time being I replaced it with a “Mobile Menu” element in order not to see the caotic list items that are not working as expected but that is a temporary workaround for the front office.

I also wanted to try reverting to a previous version to check if that was the cause but couldn’t realize ho to revert.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue. Please make sure that you have updated all the theme plugins as well after the theme update.

Best Regards.

Webartisan
    Participant

I created a special admin account for you. See private content for details.
    Thank you
    Best Regards

Hello,

I have tried to login to your website but unable to login because wordfence blocked our access.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://gyazo.com/9c8a7f962ca79dec677aac39ae86a620

Please unblock me so that I can check the issue myself and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards

Webartisan
    Participant

Hello,
    you should use the username/password that I gave you and that worked the first time you logged in. Other usernames are not valid.

I’m unlocking your IP address so you can try again with the correct credentials.

Webartisan
    Participant

Escuse me,
    why did you deactivated Wordfence on my website?

Hello,

Actually the issue was due to a third party plugin conflict that’s why I deactivated the third party plugins.

And after deactivating the plugins the categories menu worked fine. Which clears that the issue is not from our theme.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://prnt.sc/12mfa12

Now you can try activating the plugins one by one to find which plugin is causing the issue.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

Webartisan
    Participant

Hello,
    the actual problem was in child theme, specifically in the /header-elements/categories.php file, where some of the customizations we made were no longer compatible with the newer version of Woodmart theme.

In detail: some divs id (i.e. header-categories-nav…, header-categories-nav-wrap) were totally renamed (wd-header-cats) or event removed in the new version so the child theme customisation could not work.

The gradual deactivation/reactivation of plugins was something I already tried myself initially. Your intervention worked at the end because you activated the main theme. Now I updated the code in our child theme with the new version of code/css selectors and it’s working with child-theme as well.

Thank you in any case for your intervention that helped us spotting the new classes correspondence table.

Best regards.
    admin

Most Welcome!!!.

I’m so happy to hear you are pleased with the Theme and Support. XTEMOS strives to deliver the best customer experience, and it makes our day to hear we have accomplished that.

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer. You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘"Categories" item in Header Builder all messed up’ is closed to new replies.