Home Forums WoodMart support forum Category Page shows all product instead of product from selected category

Category Page shows all product instead of product from selected category

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Hello,

I want the category page to only show products from the category that is clicked but it is showing all products.
    I have created a category layout with the product archive template but its not working.

for example; if I click on “Body Oil” category, I should only see products from the body oil category but all products show on the body oil category page.

I have tried all fixes possible. Please help out!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Woocommerce product page shows all the products assigned to this category, Woocommerce does not provide the option to exclude the products. The only option is to hide our of stock products.

WoodMart theme does not influence that.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Thank you for your swift response.

That is exactly what I want to achieve. I want the product page to show all categories assigned to it. However, when the product page is filtered to a particular category, it shows other categories alongside. That is what I meant.

Please check the screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, that is right. Product categories filter (you need to add a Product category filter to the shop page widget area) sort out products by category, regardless of attribute filters.

Woocommerce Attribute filter by default sorts out the products regardless of the product category.

You can add WoodMart filters and set the category where they are displayed, in this case, the filter will sort out the products within the category.

Please check this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/widgets-and-sidebars/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Right! I’ve got the widgets figured out. The scenario I have issue with is when the categories are clicked from the menu or from the native category link (website.com/categories/body-oils) – not filtered on the shop page.

When the category is clicked on the menu, I land on the categories page for the particular category that was clicked but other products from other categories show up as well.

That is the issue. I hope you understand from my explanation.

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Hello, I have not gotten any response yet.

Please i need to sort this out as soon as possible.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

I have done that now.. It shows only the products in the selected category which suggests the problem is with the woodmart theme.

See screenshot for reference.

Attachments:

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

hello, i have not gotten a reply. I really need to get through this as my client is waiting. i

Hello,

Please replace the Product Grid widget with the Product Archive one. Let us know if the problem occurs.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

That worked out fine.

Thanks.

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

One other thing i’d like help with is reducing the top and bottom padding of the search widget and the Select category filter widget.

See screenshot for reference.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please provide the page URL with this search.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Here.

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Asides from the search category widgets i need to reduce the padding, there are two other things i need help with.

2. I imported another template into my website in order to use a section of the home page. However, I noticed the site has been a little slower since then. I need help removing the template files and other files that are not in use. If there is a way to identify it, please.

3. I am seeing an error on the “Reading” tab of the “Settings” section of my website. The error says:
    The following required query string data is missing: product_id
    I need help rectifying the issue before it breaks my site or causes any error.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Hello,

1. Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .wd-style-form .wd-pf-title {
    	height: 35px;
    }

body .wd-header-search-form-mobile .searchform input[type="text"] {
    	--wd-form-height: 35px;
    }

2. Unfortunately, it is hardly possible.

4. Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

Thank you.

Please i need to clarify something important. check the private content

Attachments:

Hello,

Yes, we confirm we entered your site. Please note that Private content is confidential and your site was reached by our team only.

Best Regards

philip.erinfolami
    Participant

ok. Fine then. thanks

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Category Page shows all product instead of product from selected category’ is closed to new replies.