Widgets and Sidebars
WoodMart suggests the set of the widget areas covering the majority of a site needs providing in Appearance > Widgets:
- Main Widget Area. This widget area is applied to the Blog page and single posts as well as on any WordPress pages by default. In order to show the sidebar, it should be configured in the Theme Settings – > General Layout. “Right”/”Left” should be set and sidebar would appear on the appropriate side.
- Shop page widget area . This widget area is for the Shop / Product categories pages. WooCommerce filters and Product categories should be added here. In order to show the sidebar on the Shop page, it is necessary to set “Right” or “Left” in the Theme Settings – > Shop – > Sidebar and Titles. There is also an option to make a sliding sidebar on each device: Off-canvas sidebar for mobile/Off-canvas sidebar for tablet/Off-canvas sidebar for desktop – hides the sidebar and shows nicely on button click on the shop page.
- Single product page widget area. This widget area is applied on the Product page only. In order to show the sidebar, it is necessary to configure it in the Theme Settings – > Product page.
- Shop filters. At the top of the shop page between breadcrumbs and product grid shop filter widgets may be enabled in the Theme Settings -> Product archive -> Shop filters. There is an option to keep this area always open and configure it to show the custom content – HTML block. In order to show a custom content (Promotional banner or other content), it is necessary to set the Shop filters content type to be Custom content and choose the created in advance HTML block from the Shop filters custom content drop-down list.
- My Account page sidebar. Widget area for My account orders and other User pages.
- Full screen Menu Area. This widget comes in force provided the Full-screen Menu is enabled.
- Area after the Mobile menu. Using the WOODMART HTML Block widget it is possible to add any custom content to the mobile menu.
- Footer Column 1, Footer Column 2, Footer Column 3… This widget area is used in the Footer. The number of the areas depends on the configuration in the Theme Settings > Footer > Layout. The footer can be created in HTML block in full or partially consisting of widgets and HTML block content.
Taking into consideration the option allowing different sidebars to be set for pages, posts, projects, an additional sidebar (widget areas) may be required. Custom sidebars may be created in Dashboard > Sidebars. As soon as a sidebar has been created it will appear in the list in Appearance > Widgets.
The recent WordPress update presents the existing widget area in one column. In order to add a widget, it is necessary to open the widget area and press “+” then insert the keyword widget title to find it and insert it. Now widget adding works in Gutenberg.
- WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav
- WOODMART WooCommerce Sort by
- WOODMART Price Filter
- WOODMART AJAX Search
- WOODMART User panel
- WOODMART Instagram
- WOODMART Mailchimp
- WOODMART Banner
- WOODMART HTML Block
- WOODMART Author Information
- WOODMART Recent Posts
- WOODMART Sidebar Mega Menu
- WOODMART Twitter
- WOODMART Stock status
WoodMart widgets provide unique options, for example, WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav has the option to choose the category where to show this filter. In addition, there are options for widgets provided in the Theme Settings > Archive page > Widgets, such as:
- Toggle function for categories widget – Turn it on to enable accordion JS for the WooCommerce Product Categories widget. Useful if you have a lot of categories and subcategories.
- Scroll for filters widgets – limits the Layered Navigation widgets by height and enables nice scroll for them. Useful if there are a lot of product colors/sizes or other attributes for filters.
- Height for filters widgets – Sets widgets height in pixels.