Home Forums WoodMart support forum Category thumbnail

Category thumbnail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Spaceonwhite
    Participant

Hi guys. Posted the below on the theme forest forum earlier.

I’ve noticed that the category thumbnail images displayed on my mobile home screen display fairly low resolution even though I’ve uploaded hi res imagery. Is there a way to up the resolution for mobile display?

You can also see an the attachments how the cat thumbs are pixelated.

I’ve tried upping the Thumbnail pixel setting through the wp>settings>media settings and also forcing the regeneration of the thumbnails but the issue still remains.

Thanks

Jeff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you want, we can give you a CSS code to show categories in 2 columns on mobile that will make your images look better.

Regards

Spaceonwhite
    Participant

Thanks for the quick replay.

That’s not really ideal but I’d appreciate the code.

There must be some code compressing the images somewhere?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can try to increase images size for your shop catalog images in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Display.

Here is a code you can add to the custom CSS in Theme Settings for mobile devices only

.products .visible-xs-block {
    	display:none!important;
    }

.products .category-grid-item {
    	width:50%;
    }

Regards

Spaceonwhite
    Participant

Thanks for the details but I’ve just found a work around.

Once the thumbnail has been added via the product categories panel, if I then access the media file in the media library and change the scale, save, then go back in and click the restore original and save, the thumbnail image then displays at full resolution. I’d say there’s a bug in the code somewhere.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is not a bug in our theme since product categories templates are related to WooCommerce plugin. All you need to do is to increase images size in the right way via WooCommerce settings or use your work around.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Category thumbnail’ is closed to new replies.