Home Forums Basel support forum Change all words "cart" to "shopping bag"

Change all words "cart" to "shopping bag"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Estefania
    Participant

Hi!
    Fist of all, wonderful theme!!!! I love it!!!!

I have a question:
    I would like to Change all words “cart” to “shopping bag” in shop.
    I have tried this:
    http://www.green-box.co.uk/changing-cart-basket-woocommerce-creating-languages-files-woocommerce/

I have created a new translation changing all words “cart”, but I do not know where I have to put the 2 new files .mo and .po.
    I have tried to add them to wp-content/languages; to wp-content/languages/woocommerce…
    No way to change translation.

Please, could you help me to find the way to solve this trouble?
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Estefanía.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support.

We suggest you create POT files translations using Loco Translate plugin. It is the easiest way for you. Here is a video tutorial that must help you. Note that translations files (.po .mo) should be placed in wp-content/languages/... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Thanks!!!
    Finally I could do it by creating a “en_GB.po” file and locating into wp-content/languages/

Thanks!
    But, instead I hace new problem related with this one:
    I will try to explain my best.
    Before I did this changes, I wrote in english the text in “Popup text
    Place here some information about cookies usage that will be shown in the popup.”
    By WPML I could translate it to spanish, because the string translation appeared.

But after changing the .po file I am trying to translate that text trough WPML plugin but the string translation has gone.

And, another bad thing is:
    When I go to Theme Settings, and select an option for english (for example: “Popup text
    Place here some information about cookies usage that will be shown in the popup.”), writing “Cookie Policy Information , and after that I click spanish in order to translate it (into “Información de Política de Cookies”, the thing is that the text appears in english and if I translate it into spanish, this translation is automatically set in the english theme settings….

If you need, I can give you admin credentials.

Please, could you help me?

Thanks a lot!
    Estefanía.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we know, when you are using WPML for translation then the best way to translate any custom options from admin panel (including our Theme Settings) you need to edit the translation in WPML -> String Translations or WPML -> String Translations -> Admin texts. Did you try translate them there?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)