Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change Page Slug

Change Page Slug

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cris
    Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with my 404 page. I created a custom 404 page a while back and selected it in Theme Settings > General, but in certain situations a template image appears instead of the 404 page. I was confused about why. But, I think it may be because the slug for the 404 page is “404-2” instead of just “404”. But, I cannot change it to “404”. Whenever I try to change it, it changes right back to “404-2”, so I assume another 404 link exists somewhere which links to that template image. See picture and private content.

How can I make my custom 404 page appear in all 404 situations?

I reviewed all my pages and posts and could not find another “404” slug anywhere.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide the site admin access to the private area

Best Regards

Cris
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    Plugins deactivated and the issue still exists – although it looks different… Instead of being shown only that template 404 image, we now see it on a page that says 404 at the top. I still cannot change my custom 404 page from the slug 404-2 to just 404. And I cannot find that template 404 page to delete it. How can we change this so the 404 slug links to my custom 404 page?

Hello,

You need to set the Maintenance template in the page https://prnt.sc/u6nkm4

I have set it, please check how it works.

Best Regards

Cris
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I just checked and still could not change the page slug to only “404”. It still reverts back to “404-2″. I do not want the current 404 page which seems to be a template, but I can not find out how to completely replace it. My custom 404 page is selected in Theme Settings > General, but if you go to the website”/404/” then it brings you to the template instead of the custom page because the custom page is “/404-2/”

How can I replace the template “/404/” page and link with my custom 404 page? I want to change my custom page titled “404” in Pages to the slug “/404/” instead of “/404-2/”

I already have a maintenance page template set for when I am trying to work on resolving issues on the site and I do not want to replace that with the 404 page not found page.

Hello,

Does custom 404 work well?

In order to give 404 slugs, you need to delete the page with the equal slug from the Trash tab.

Best Regards

Cris
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. The custom 404 does work well in most cases – see picture. Except the template 404 pops up sometimes instead that’s why I want to make sure I completely replace it.

I reviewed all pages and posts published, draft, and in the trash, but I could not find the page with the equal slug. Do you know where else I could find it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I am checking and see that the maintenance mode works now. How can I reproduce the problem?

Best Regards

Cris
    Participant

Hi Elise,

The problem is not with the maintenance page. The maintenance page has always worked.

My problem is with the “404 Page Not Found” page. Check the links in the Private Content section.

I want to replace the template page at “…com/404/” with my custom page. But, I cannot find where that “…com/404/” page is to replace it.

Where is that template “/404/” page? And how can I replace it?

Hello,

Our theme does not influence that that is the WordPress functionality.

Best Regards

Cris
    Participant

Ah okay. I actually think I resolved the issue. The issue was with a theme image titled “404.jpg”.

It seems like when visiting the 404 link, the site first searches for pages with that link, then searches for media content named “404”, then reverts to displaying the custom page set within the Woodmart Theme.

Once I deleted the template image “404.jpg” (guy sitting on a log) that came with the Woodmart theme, I now am directed to my custom 404 page instead of a page displaying the 404 error and the 404.jpg. Although I cannot change my custom 404 page link to “.com/404/” it at least no longer shows the guy sitting on log for specific page not found instances.

Hello,

Yes, you are right, WordPress would not create item with the same slug. I suspected that you could have a post or page with 404.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)