Home Forums Basel support forum Change path of logo file

Change path of logo file

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

svaldesm
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using a develop/staging/production environments for my site.
    Because of Basel options, you can’t set a specific route for images, you have to upload them.

Should I change it in the database or is there a function for changing that address?

The issue raises when I want to move my site from development to staging, and of course the address is different (from localhost to www….) which makes images not load.
    I want to make this full compatible within every environment.

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

After the transfer, you need to specify new URLs in Dashboard -> Settings -> General. Try to do this and then all paths should be updated. Maybe you will need to reupload the logo image also after your changes.

Regards

svaldesm
    Participant

But I will probably be updating all the time new databases. Is this the only way?
    Is there a way to define relative paths?

Thanks!

svaldesm
    Participant

That address has been changed in wp-config via WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME
    so it should load the photos from there, but is not doing it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please provide us your admin access so we can check it.

svaldesm
    Participant

The address is sensacional-store-stag.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com

Admin access is admin and password is in private content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to reupload the logo image in Theme Settings -> Header -> Logo.

svaldesm
    Participant

I know that will fix it. But that’s not the point. I want to integrate all files that are used always (like images).

Can I include an external link? I would like to link this files on S3.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme. Moreover, it doesn’t depend on the theme at all. Probably, you just need to find and replace all urls in your database.

svaldesm
    Participant

I tried that but so far I’ve been unable. Whenever I change that in my database, the site defaults to the starting template (even thought I have a child theme).

I wanted to ask you (on the same line) if it was possible in WPBakery VC to add images as background to a row that are from external sources.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. In this case, we can’t help you since it is more related to your WordPress installation in general. Maybe you didn’t replace all the URLs in the database. If your site starts using default theme, you can go to Appearance -> Themes and switch to woodmart again.

2. Unfortunately, there is no such function in Visual Composer.

svaldesm
    Participant

Seems that it was an issue with serialized PHP data. I changed it with interconnect’s replace for serialized data and it worked.

The thing is that there’s some cache because after some time it returns to the same link. Any ideas?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no any kind of cache from our theme side. Maybe there is some on your server.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)