Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change Shop Label to Store in Mobile Bottom Navar

Change Shop Label to Store in Mobile Bottom Navar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

How do I change the Shop label to Store for Mobile Bottom Navbar?

Hello,

Your question is not clear enough, please provide the screen
    Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

Please check the attachment. At the bottom left, there is the text Shop (circled in red) on the bottom navbar for mobile devices.

How do I change this text to “Store”, instead of the default “Shop”?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you rewrite your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I understand that PO files are the way when you wish to translate texts in another another language. However, this doesn’t look an elegant solution to convert the text from “Shop” to “Store”.

Any alternative?

Also, instead of hard-coding “Shop”, there should be option in the theme options to assign these menu labels.

Hello,

Install the plugin and rewrite, then delete the plugin, there are no other ways.

Best Regards

webaits
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve re-declared the function woodmart_sticky_toolbar_page_link_template() in the child theme to change the text. However, I want to draw your attention.

file: inc\modules\sticky-toolbar.php
    version: 4.0.1
    line: 391

You’ve already escaped the translated string in switch case statement prior to the line. so there is no need to escape the string in the variable $text again. While WordPress tries not to escape string again, it is based on best effort basis.

So you can simply replace the line with echo $text;.

There is no need of an additional function call.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you for the suggestion. We will check it.

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)