Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change text values on page load with Jquery

Change text values on page load with Jquery

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

toulip
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have written a function in Javascript + Jquery with which I try to change the text on my webpages after they are loaded.

This is the code:

Html:

<div class="welcome">

<p>
            Welcome.<br>
            I like pie.<br>
    	Do you like pie?
      </p>

</div>

Javascript + Jquery:

changeText = function(text, newText){
    var currentText = $('.welcome').html();  

$('.welcome').html(currentText.replace(text,newText));

};

window.setTimeout(function(){changeText('Welcome.', '<b>How are you?</b>')});

So, I am sending you this message because this code does not work on your theme and after I place it in the Global JS section. For the records, it works fine on another website that I am running for testing such features.

Please, do you know if I have to place it anywhere else in your theme settings?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, send us a link to the page where you have this code placed so we can see why it doesn’t appear on your website.

Regards

toulip
    Participant

Hi guys,

Well, here I am sending you the example Url: https://hatziligos.com.gr/%CE%B7%CE%BB%CE%B5%CE%BA%CF%84%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-%CE%B1%CE%BD%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%BB%CE%B1%CE%BA%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-%CE%B1%CF%85%CF%84%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AE%CF%84%CF%89%CE%BD/%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%B9%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%B6%CE%B1%CF%830/c%CE%B1r-%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%B9-%CF%84-v%CE%B1l%CE%B5%CE%BF-17/

I am also attaching you a screenshot of the text that I would like to change! For the records, the above URL is about a single product page. So, let’s say that I would like to change the text in the red frame as concerns the screenshot that I have just attached to you.

I use the following code in your theme settings -> global js, but it does not work.

changeText = function(text, newText){
    var currentText = $('.wc-tab-inner ').html();  

$('.wc-tab-inner ').html(currentText.replace(text,newText));

};

window.setTimeout(function(){changeText('Splines', '<b>Σπλίνες</b>')});

Could you please assist me?

toulip
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot my screenshot in my previous email!

Here you are!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to use jQuery instead of simple $ and rework your code.

toulip
    Participant

Ok, I see.

That worked perfectly for me now! So, this is the case everytime that I would like to write some jquery code! I will have to write jquery instead of $, right?

Thanks once again for your really valuable help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, in the custom JS section you need to use jQuery.

Kind Regards

toulip
    Participant

Hi there,

I need some help regarding jquery codes.

I have this code:

jQuery(function($) {

$("img").hover(function () {

$(this).data("title",$(this).attr("title")).removeAttr("title");
    		  }, 
    		  function () {
    			$(this).attr("title",$(this).data("title"));
    		  }

);
    });

I use this in order to remove images’ titles on hover.

So, how should I write this code in the custom JS field in settings in order to properly run it?

Thanks,

George,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Our fields don’t have any requirements for the JS code. We are not able to test third-party codes since it is hard to understand how they should work and it is out of our theme support scope.

toulip
    Participant

Hi again,

Thanks for your support!

For the records, I do use the above code in another WordPress website and works perfectly for me. I do not want you to check my code but to tell me the format that I should use in the custom JS code settings.

I know that I will have to use jquery instead of $. Well, I did so, but nothing happened on my front end.

Thanks,

George

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The code may work differently on different themes. There are no format requirements. $ doesn’t work globally in WordPress and jQuery should be used. But it is not our theme feature, it is how the WordPress works.

toulip
    Participant

Yes, of course.

Ok then, I will try to see how this should be written in your theme.

By the way, could you send me a simple example function in JS code just showing me the main format that I will have to follow? Or are there any links available into your documentation files?

Thanks,

George

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But you already used the code and it worked perfectly. You can take it as an example.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)