Home Forums Basel support forum Changing labels on header links

Changing labels on header links

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi!

I have breadcrumb with label “Hem” on product pages which is how i want it to be.
    On my-account page (only page on website with “Page title” option enabled) breadcrumb label is “Home”. Any idea on how to fix that?

One more question, I need to change labels on header links (Log in/Register, My Account/Log out).
    I have tried to put this peace of code into my child themes functions and it worked except for the “Log out” label was missing when user is logged in. How can I fix this?

function basel_get_header_links() {
    $links = array();

if( ! basel_woocommerce_installed() ) return $links;

$account_link = get_permalink( get_option(‘woocommerce_myaccount_page_id’) );

if( basel_get_opt( ‘login_links’ ) ) {
    if( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    $links[] = array(
    ‘label’ => esc_html__(‘Mitt konto’, ‘basel’),
    ‘url’ => $account_link
    );
    } else {
    $links[] = array(
    ‘label’ => esc_html__(‘Logga in / Registrera’, ‘basel’),
    ‘url’ => $account_link
    );
    }
    }

return apply_filters( ‘basel_get_header_links’, $links );
    }

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

We suggest you to edit/translate all strings on the site including Login, Logout, My Account, Home with POT files using Loco Translate Plugins. Here is a video tutorial that should help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU&t=1s

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Thank you for answering in such short notice.
    Loco was helpful but it left me with some of the work undone.
    Translation did not work on Log in / Register label and it has not changed “Home” label in breadcrumb on “my-account” page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We see that “Home” word was not translated at all. The only one problem now is “Login / Register”. Could you send us your FTP access so we could check it? Or we will send you a workaround how you can translate it manually with PHP files.

Regards

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi,
    please send a workaround, i would like to learn myself how this problem can be solved.

Kind regards
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to override this function in your child theme functions.php file and change text in the source code. So simply put this code to your functions.php file in the child theme and edit “Login / Register” text

function basel_get_header_links() {
    	$links = array();

if( ! basel_woocommerce_installed() ) return $links;

$account_link = get_permalink( get_option('woocommerce_myaccount_page_id') );
    	$logout_link = wc_get_endpoint_url( 'customer-logout', '', wc_get_page_permalink( 'myaccount' ) );

if( basel_get_opt( 'login_links' ) ) {
    		if( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    			$links[] = array(
    				'label' => esc_html__('My Account', 'basel'),
    				'url' => $account_link
    			);
    			$links[] = array(
    				'label' => esc_html__('Logout', 'basel'),
    				'url' => $logout_link
    			);
    		} else {
    			$links[] = array(
    				'label' => esc_html__('Login / Register', 'basel'),
    				'url' => $account_link
    			);
    		}
    	}

return apply_filters( 'basel_get_header_links',  $links );
    }

Regards

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi!
    I am not sure if i’m doing something wrong. I did copy/paste of the code you’ve sent and the website went down reporting an error on one of the lines. I really need to change these labels so I am sending you FTP log in details so you can try to fix yourselves. Please try not to crash my website 🙂

Kind regards
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, we have added the code and now you are able to edit these texts in basel-child/functions.php file.

Regards

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi and thanks a lot guys!

Your response was really fast and helpful. You are going to get the best grade from me.
    I have one more question which is off topic. How do I upgrade “WPBakery Visual Composer” plugin which came with theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

If you have the latest theme version installed then you can update Visual Composer plugin from Appearance -> Install plugins.

Regards

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi,
    i have themes latest version but Visual Composer does not appear in Appearance -> Install plugins.
    Should I uninstall it first?

Regards,
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you are running the latest version of Visual Composer available with our theme. If a new one is already released we will add it in our next theme update.

Regards

MilanBatinic
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for info and again a big thank you for helping me to make changes on labels.

Best wishes!
    Milan

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are happy to help you 🙂

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)