Home Forums Basel support forum Child theme

Child theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bartlomiej
    Participant

Hello,

I have to do some customization – put full-width category description before the shop loop (I read in some posts in this forum that it is not possible on your theme) so I need to writ it by my own in file `template-tags.php’ file.

I have created child theme but when I copy basel/inc/template-tags.php' tobasel-child/inc/templte-tags.php’ mu customization doesn’t appear. Should I put the custom file in another location?

When I edit the original file in `basel/inc/template-tags.php’ everything works perfectly. But I would like to put my changes into the child theme to avoid conflict during the theme’s updates.

Pleas give me some advice where should I put my custom child file to get any effect.

Hello,

If you add customization and it works in the parent theme, try to copy the file in the same route into the child theme and check.

Else copy the customization code into the functions.php of the child theme

Best Regards

Bartlomiej
    Participant

Hello,

Copying file from basel/inc/template-tags.php to basel-child/inc/template-tags.php doesn’t work. The child file doesn’t override the original file.

My changes are in function basel_page_title in template-tags.php. Please give me the instruction on how can I make my own implementation.

Hello,

Please provide the page URL and what you want to customize? Is this a Product category page?

By default, the product category has the description. You can configure to show before products or after in the Theme Settings > Shop > Category description position.

You can create an HTML block https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/html-blocks/ and insert any content there.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)