Home Forums WoodMart support forum CHILD THEME?

CHILD THEME?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

iamkane1
    Participant

So, just got 2nd Woodmart and made me wonder if I need to consider child theme? Or is this already set up?
    I have chose a theme and installed it and now just need to start playing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out! It seems like you missed installing the child theme during the setup wizard, but no worries! You can easily download it from our website using the following link: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/setup-child-theme/
    Once downloaded, you can install it following our installation instructions, or if you need further assistance, feel free to let us know, and we’ll be happy to guide you through the process.

Kind Regards

iamkane1
    Participant

Is this important to have? I would obvioulsy rather do it the right way so if needed I will…
    But if I install this child theme, will it overwrite any changes I have done to th parent theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can install the child theme if you need to add custom codes to your website. It will not replace any files in the parent theme. Read more information in our tutorial here https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/setup-child-theme/

iamkane1
    Participant

OK so if I install this child theme now, will it delete all the new text and images I have added in?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please clarify what text and images you mean? Provide some examples so we can better understand what you mean.

iamkane1
    Participant

Well, I have added my company info on the website, images in media section, home page has 80% of my info on now, you know, normal stuff we do..
    I just want to know if I add in a child theme now will all of my work be wiped clean as a fresh install??

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By installing the child theme, your content and settings will not be changed.

iamkane1
    Participant

Reading about it now I don’t think I need a child theme? I don’t think I am making any serious coding changes to the theme, I just want to keep it all simple. What do you think?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you are not going to make any changes in the code, you can use our theme without a child theme.

iamkane1
    Participant

OK yeah I don’t see what changes to code I will make, i know an old site that was built for me – the dev was using ACF (advanced custom fields) and tweaked it so that’s maybe why he added on a child theme.. I don’;t think I will be doing that..
    Are your theme updates auto or do i need to head to “appearances > theme” and manually do so?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Find all the information about our theme update mechanism in the documentation https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-the-theme/

iamkane1
    Participant

OK DONR THANKS, MARK AS COMPLETE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CHILD THEME?’ is closed to new replies.