Home Forums Space themes support forum Child theme Tethys

Child theme Tethys

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve recently bought the Tethys theme, but unfortunately (like Woodmart) it does not include a child theme.

Where can I download the child theme or how can I create one?

Kind regards

Paul

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The child theme should be installed automatically during the setup wizard. If you missed this step, you can find it in your theme folder tethys/themes/tethys-child/

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks, I just installed it and indeed the child theme could be installed during the process.

I’ve installed all dummy content. When I change something in the theme settings, nothing changes on frontend. For example hide the social links, making the product image larger and hide the add to cart input selector. Did I miss something, because the settings does not seem to work?

Kind regards

Paul

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

I only have the standard plugins installed (only installed the demo, that’s it). Please check attached link and screenshots.

For example, in the settings I disabled a lot of things, but they are still visible on front end.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This product page template can be edited via Dashboard -> Product Templates. Most of the Theme Settings work when the custom layout is disabled.

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t understand. The product in the specific example does not use a product template (see screenshot). And how can I edit a product template, in order to hide the options from the theme settings?

kind regards

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The option on your screenshot gives you the ability to select which product will be used as a preview while you are editing the template. Go to Dashboard -> Product Templates and edit it if you want to remove some elements from the product page.

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

Okay, I’m used to work with Woodmart and WPbakery, so Elementor is new for me. I’m trying to understand what you are saying, but have 2 questions:

– there is currently only 1 product template in ‘Dashboard -> Product Templates’ (this is from the demo install). Is this template automatically applied on all products? When I create a second template, how can I assign the different templates to specific products?
    – when I open the template and edit it with Elementor, I see the elements which I would like to remove (which I disabled in the theme settings, but are visible in the template). How can I remove the elements? I don’t see that option! See attached screenshot.

cheers

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by PD11.
    Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it works differently than our WoodMart theme.

1. Yes, it applies to all products. Sorry, we write the wrong information about the previous option. Actually, there you select a product template for all products. If you want to apply special template for some specific product, you can use Theme Settings presets.

2. Click on the element with the mouse right button and select “Delete” from the dropdown. https://gyazo.com/ef68c8a207c57f300a84ebfd7b266450

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Thanks! That’s easy, did not click the right mouse button before :). And clear about the product templates now, thanks for the quick support.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are always welcome! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

Yes one more question :). Are there also header settings in the product template? I’ve changed the default header in the theme settings, but the header does not change on the product pages. I can’t find out where to change that. Could you please help out? thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, you can specify custom header for product page in Theme Settings -> Single product https://gyazo.com/bbd0ebc50b68b81217432917ac7ea47a

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Thanks! I now understand well how it works and I figured out how to change the template as well.

Got another question, this might not be theme related. I would like to show a different image on the shop pages compared to the first image on the product pages. How can I do this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad that you sorted it out.

Unfortunately, there is no such option in the WooCommerce plugin. It might be possible with additional code customization only.

Kind Regards

PD11
    Participant

Ok clear, I have found some custom code to make it possible.

Got another question – I’ve adjusted the product template, however when looking on a product page itself, it looks different.

I don’t want to have extra padding above the product image on a product page. In the product template, I’ve aligned to image to top and it looks good, but when I check a product page, there is still some extra padding / space between the header and product image. What is going wrong here? Please check attached screenshots.

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

We wish you a splendid day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Child theme Tethys’ is closed to new replies.