Home Forums WoodMart support forum Choose size only on specific products

Choose size only on specific products

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Soquesto
    Participant

Hey!

We sell horsefashion boots and normal clothes. Those boots got additional sizes and not only the normal one, which shoes use. For example they got size 10 and shaft size 44/55. Our normal clothes only got the usual size.
    So we got different variants and we’re importing them with WP All Import. The choose-dropdown on the product detail page got both of these now. But I want the shaft size dropdown only on specific products (boots) and not on the normal clothes.
    How can I manage that to work?

I got the filter widget already working on the product categories page. You can only filter for shaft size when you’re in the right category (boots). But I didn’t find an option for the choose/buy process.

Hello,

Our filter widgets are based on the default Woocommerce functionality. By default, Woocommerce does not provide such an option, unfortunately.

As a way out you can create two types of size attributes: one is for cloth, and one is for clothes.

Woodmart filter has the option to choose the category where to show this or that filter. Most likely these shoes are assigned to a separate category, so the sizes created for shoes would not be shown for other goods.

Best Regards

Soquesto
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for your answer!

That’s correct. Shoes are in another category than our clothes. And I already found the feature to where I can choose where the filter is shown in the widgets. But it’s only for the sidebar search, not on the product page itself.

I made a screenshot to show you what Iam talking about. On the top there is the category page with the filter options in the sidebar. There’s everything fine. The “shaft”-filter is only visible in the shoe category.
    But in the bottom part of the screenshot there’s the product detail page with the red “shaft”-option to chose which size you want. You need both of them. The regular size and the shaft-size for these kind of shoes. But our clothes only need the “size”-option. No shaft size.

So basically, I want the “shaft-size”-option in the bottom part of the screenshot only to be visible if you’re buying a shoe. The other clothes don’t have that option.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Yes, I follow your idea, however, it is not possible with the default Woocommerce. You will have to search for a plugin or create two size attribute and duplicate attribute items for shows: shaft + regular sizes.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)