Home Forums Basel support forum Color Swatch – Not able to select & show preview

Color Swatch – Not able to select & show preview

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

amit
    Participant

Hi Team,

I need the color swatches to function exactly like this -http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/woman/jur-detail-jacket/

1) User being able to select a swatch – So in my case, although I have set them up correctly, the selection does not happen, even if you click a swatch. Something wrong here?

2) Next like your demo, I want that on clicking a swatch (example, yellow), the gallery image changes to yellow dress picture. This is not happening, even though I have used an Image upload for the attribute. Please advice.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Amit

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please provide a link to the products with swatches you created so we could see why it is not working?

amit
    Participant

Link in private.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And give us your admin access also. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And you need to update the theme to the latest version also.

amit
    Participant

Hi, sent in private.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can update the theme by replacing all theme files with new ones via FTP or just reupload theme zip file in Appearance -> Themes -> Add new. But you need to install the following plugin before https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

As for swatches so you need to edit your size terms in Products -> Attributes -> Size -> edit terms -> and check “Enable swatch” option for each size

Regards

amit
    Participant

Hi Team, Appreciate your quick responses!

I think I found the issue, but need your help in resolving it.
    I am using this plugin called Product Add ons from Woo-commerce. https://woocommerce.com/products/product-add-ons/. This allows me to add custom product options, as seen. All is well when I use the checkboxes etc.(see first screenshot) – but when I add a select box it somehow interferes with the theme standard select option of attributes and throws an error. (See second screenshot attached- private).

Can you please suggest what could be done? Possibly some js inject? Thanks a lot!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Firstly, as we already wrote you, you need to update theme to the latest version since we have fixed some errors in the last update.

amit
    Participant

Hi Team, theme has been updated.
    I am still seeing the issues as mentioned earlier.
    Swatch selection is not working. It can be seen in the URL shared.
    Screenshot was also shared earlier. FYI, the console shows error (theme.min.js?ver=4.6.1:11 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘forEach’ of undefined)

Please advice,

Regards,
    Amit

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Now we see that problem comes from this additional plugin. Are you able to provide us your FTP access so we could try to fix it on your live web-site?

amit
    Participant

I will have to try and setup public ssh keys, as FTP does not work (Digital Ocean). Could you possibly debug from the console (or any other option possible) and see if you can point a fix? Let us know, if access is the only option, and then I will try to set up one. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit file basel/js/functions.js and change the following line

$variation_form.find('select').each(function() {

to this

$variation_form.find('.variations select').each(function() {

Regards

amit
    Participant

Thanks!Will get back after testing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Ok, write us about the results.

Thank you

amit
    Participant

Hi Team, it did indeed work! Thanks for your support. Very much appreciated.
    However, we removed that plugin as it was causing some other issues also.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome, we are always happy to help you, write us when you have any difficulties or issues with our theme.

And we would be glad if you will rate our theme with 5 stars on themeforest in case you are satisfied with our theme and customer service http://themeforest.net/downloads

Thank you in advance 🙂

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)