Home Forums Basel support forum CONFLICT WITH WPML

CONFLICT WITH WPML

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sttefaaa
    Participant

Hi.

It seems like there is a conflict with WPML (I have contacted their support and this is what they told me).

So far I have found these issues and none of the previous support tickets regarding this have been resolved:

1) Swatches in the SHOP GRID are not showing. Neither in original language OR translated language. I am talking about swatches that function as a preview in the product grid (NOT in the single product page).
    2) Product thumbnail images are not showing on neither original or translated single product pages.

When deactivating WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, these issues are resolved.

Hope you can help me.
    Feel free to use the credentials in private content.

Hello,

Please confirm the permit to deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme for the period of checking what may take up to 20 minutes.

Best Regards

sttefaaa
    Participant

Hi.

Yes, please proceed.

Hello,

I have deactivated all the plugins including WPML and swatches work. Now activate all the plugins one by one and you would detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

sttefaaa
    Participant

Hi.

Thank you! I see the problem starts when activating WPML String Translation.
    Do you have any idea why would that be so?

Regards.

Hello,

Please provide your FTP access to the private area.

Best Regards

sttefaaa
    Participant

Hi.
    Here are the credentials.
    Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

add_filter( 'basel_swatches_on_grid_right_order', '__return_false' );

sttefaaa
    Participant

Thank you.
    This indeed fixes the issue with swatches, however, the images on single product pages are still not showing.
    Any idea on how to fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)