Home Forums Basel support forum Conflicts with Latest Theme/Plugins

Conflicts with Latest Theme/Plugins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kassieloohoo
    Participant

I’m having issues with the CMB2 plugin your theme requires and Visual Composer. Whenever the plugin is active, Visual Composer stops working. I can see the shortcodes in the Text view of the page, but I can’t get the Visual/drag and drop side to work. Please advise.

I’ve also noticed issues with Visual Composer’s latest update and other plugins like Yoast SEO, but even turning SEO off, the only thing I can do to make the VC plugin work is to deactivate the CMB2 plugin.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello there,

Thank you for creating a topic.

We just investigated your problem and found that you get JavaScript error from Revolution Slider and it comes from conflict of this plugin and CMB2

error

We also found similar known issue on Yoast SEO github https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/4453

Since it doesn’t come from our theme we can’t provide you a proper fix for that. But as a workaround you just remove the line from the file wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/tinybox.class.php

$plugin_array['revslider_sc_button'] = RS_PLUGIN_URL . 'admin/assets/js/tinymce-shortcode-script.js';

Regards

kassieloohoo
    Participant

OK, thank you for investigating. Unfortunately, commenting out this line still doesn’t allow me to have both VC and CMB2 plugin active. I commented out that line and reactivated CMB2, but then the admin edit pages become unusable.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s a Visual Composer vs. Tiny MCE issue because I can’t get WP Edit to work either. It breaks VC.

Thank you for your help :]

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome. We also suggest to contact your server providers because of slow site loading, since it may break some functionality also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)