Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cookies created by XTEMOS

Cookies created by XTEMOS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

4AI.IO
    Participant

Hello,

I have noticed that the WoodMart theme creates analytical cookies (e.g. _ga and _gid – see the screenshot) and there seem to be no way to turn them off. It might be against GDPR regulations. They should be rather turned off by default. Could you please tell me how I can turn them off?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You can disable the cookies or edit them in the Theme Settings > Shop > Cookies.

Best Regards

4AI.IO
    Participant

Hello,

There is no such a thing as “Theme Settings > Shop > Cookies” – see the attached screenshots. There is only “Theme Settings > Shop > Cookie Law Info”, which is a totally different matter – it only allows showing the cookie info message with no even an option to turn off the cookies. Even if there was such an option, analytical cookies should be turned off by default according to GDPR regulations because they are not necessary for the website. Besides, I use a third party cookie info plugin, so there should be an option to turn off analytical cookies without such a WoodMart cookie info, which as I said doesn’t allow turning off analytical cookies. If you can see “Theme Settings > Shop > Cookies”, please attach a screenshot.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

4AI.IO
    Participant

Hello,

See the login details in the private area.

Thank you.

Hello,

This message goes from a third parties plugins, please check the wording here: https://prnt.sc/w0ghju

And here: https://prnt.sc/w0giy7

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and check the issue, If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)