Home Forums WoodMart support forum Custom Checkout Layout with Layouts does not track correctly the order

Custom Checkout Layout with Layouts does not track correctly the order

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

supp0rt
    Participant

Hello,

I have created a custom layout for the checkout page using the “Layouts” functionality that the theme provides. After doing some tests on a staging site, I saw that all the orders have the origin of the order set to unknown. If I disable the custom checkout, the origin is tracked normally. I am using the default gateway of woo-commerce (direct bank transfer) for the checkout to check this.

I have provided admin access so that you can check.
    This is a testing site, so you can enable and disable any plugins you want

Let me know how this can be fixed.

Best Regards

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by supp0rt.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In order to fix this issue, you need to add a special “Hook” element as described in our tutorial https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/custom-hooks-and-plugins-compatibility/
    The hook name for this case is woocommerce_checkout_after_customer_details.
    https://monosnap.com/file/PHqF37bmvJkP564JQLReNLXCjTaV2P

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Thank you for your information on this one. It now works as intended.

Are there any other hooks that I might need to add in a custom layout checkout?

Best Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Mostly, I am asking if this can create any problems with analytics or any other tracking code that might be on the site.

As we use a cookie banner and with the consent mode v2 from Google, I want to know if the custom layout creates any other problems with codes in the header, or anywhere else.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There are no other known issues related to custom hooks on the checkout page. This particular data will be added to the custom layout in our next theme update so you will not need this hook anymore.

Kind Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)