Home Forums Basel support forum Custom Filter for each category

Custom Filter for each category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

qasimsoy
    Participant

Hello,

Can you tell me, please, how I can use a different filter for different categories?
    For example, I have Categories for Accessories and Watches. Created custom filter for shop page but don’t want to show same brands for different categories. Because some brands only have only watches and some brands have only accessories.

when the user enters the Watches category the filter should give an option only for Watches, not for all products on the website.

qasimsoy
    Participant

Also, please help to fix the filter issue.
    When I choose a category for example Watches and choose the brand name if there is no product on this choice on the result page filter shows only the product category (in this example Watches) and brand names, gender, and price range filters are not showing. It’s working again when users clear filter options.

Hello,

If the products do not have the attributes in this or that category filter would not appear as there is nothing to filter.
    Please disable the cache plugins and check how it resets without the plugins.

Best Regards

qasimsoy
    Participant

I think we have some misunderstanding here.

1) I don’t have any cache plugins.
    2) All products have attributes (at least gender).

Let me explain to you again: I have products with attributes in different categories. The main category is Watches and Accessories. (links added to Private content)
    When a user clicks a link that redirecting to the Accessories category and chooses a brand name (for example Aerowatch) that doesn’t have Accessories with this brand, it’s loading a new page and it is written: “Product not found”. It is normal but, on loaded page filter has only one option to choose: “Categories”. Other filters are not showing(screenshot attached). The filter should stay with all options not try to search again. The question is: How I can fix this issue?

The second question is: How I can show on the filter of Categories link only some brand name choices which ones have products on Accessories category. If I need to clarify the question: How I can create a different filter for different categories?

(login details shared with private content)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Your site has not been reachable. I tried several times from time to time: https://prnt.sc/w5fd4p

Please contact us when it works.

Best Regards

qasimsoy
    Participant

Just need to use /wp-admin

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and check the issue, If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

qasimsoy
    Participant

Hello,

deactivated all the plugins not related to the theme and still the same issue

Hello,

I have double-checked and see that the problem may occur when you try to sort out not exciting product configuration: https://prnt.sc/w5xn1o

When you filter the gender and brand make sure that the category you are going to filter has the same.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)